The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking a part-time General Services Assistant to work with our Operations department. This position is responsible for performing general maintenance including moving supplies, equipment, furniture and other related duties. On occasion, this position will provide general manual labor to move collection crates and exhibit displays under the direction of staff from the appropriate department.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Works with other Museum staff and volunteers on other repairs, shipping and receiving and facility clean-up.
• Equipment, Tool and Work Area: Maintains tools, equipment and work areas.
• Meeting Set-Up: Sets-up and breaks down tables and chairs for Museum and special events.
• Transporting and Shipping
• Storage Facilities: Assists in maintaining Museum warehouse storage facilities and loading dock areas ensuring that all department areas, including the mailroom and shipping and receiving area are kept in a clean and orderly fashion.
• Installation: Performs minor installation work such as making and installing pictures and bulletin boards, repairs poorly fitting doors, windows or drawers. Assists in the coordination of Museum Assistants in the moving of exhibit cases, office furniture and equipment.
This position has the following requirements:
• Degrees / Certificates: High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
• Degrees / Certificates: A valid California Driver License and a Personal Automobile Liability Insurance or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
• Standing/Stooping: Extended periods of standing, stooping and reaching.
• Use of Cart or Dolly: Position does not require heavy lifting. Staff member may, however, be transporting equipment and supplies utilizing a cart or dolly.
• Conduct: Must act with integrity and an ability to carry oneself with the demeanor, decorum and professionalism needed for the position and its interaction with others.
• Team: Has demonstrated ability to work with others on teams and across an organization. Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels within an organization.
• Initiative: Must possess initiative, strong personal work ethic and good judgment.
• Self-Management: Has the capability to organize and prioritize work independently in order to meet agreed upon deadlines.
• Communication: Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through verbally and in writing. Ability to communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
• Computer Experience: Has experience using a personal computer and with MS Office and Outlook functions (PC and/or Macintosh).
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a part-time, regular, non-exempt position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.