The Computing Assistant position is a part-time position (15-30 hrs/week) that provides technical computing support for staff, students, and faculty.
I. Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide Tier 1 help desk support for a variety of calls from students, faculty, and staff.
· Ensure the proper operation of lab computer and peripheral equipment
· Maintain computing environment which includes repairing hardware, installing and troubleshooting software
· Check out lab equipment
· Track all cases through ticketing system
· Other tasks as assigned
II. Standards of Professionalism
A.Team and Interpersonal skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members including support staff and more senior staff. These persons must thus be approached in a way that makes them feel valued as individuals and team members and takes into account the necessities of work as seen from their perspective.
B.Service orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the school through you.
C. Confidentiality and discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of prospective/student and faculty records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged, if not necessarily confidential, information.
· Help desk experience in a Windows environment
· Commitment to customer service
· Some moderate lifting (up to 40 lbs.) is required
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours, ability to be on time and accountable