The Boston Architectural College Library is seeking a part-time Visual Resources Clerk to assist the Visual Resources Librarian with ongoing projects and daily work.
I. Responsibilities and Duties:
Work will include:
- Scanning images using flat-bed scanners
- Manipulating scanned digital images (adjusting, cropping, and repairing)
- Participating in researching images using electronic databases in our main library
- Creation of documentation material for the Visual Resources Library
- Detailed repetitive work checking records, data entry, and organizing image files and paper work
II. Standards of Professionalism
A. Team and Interpersonal skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members including support staff and more senior staff. These persons must thus be approached in a way that makes them feel valued as individuals and team members and takes into account the necessities of work as seen from their perspective.
B. Service Orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the school through you.
C. Confidentiality and Discretion: Success in this position requires the ability not only to maintain the confidentiality of prospective/student and faculty records, but also the ability to discern when it is appropriate to divulge privileged, if not necessarily confidential, information.
III. Qualifications & Requirements:
- Interest and/or background in art and/or architectural history preferred
- Basic to intermediate skills using Adobe Photoshop
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Enjoy working as a part of a team
- Basic research skills
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Experience with digital photography is helpful but not a necessity
- Visual resources experience is helpful but not a necessity
- Prefer someone who is currently enrolled as a full-time or part-time student in a degree program.
You must be willing to make a commitment to 12 - 15 hours/week and keep to a consistent schedule. The schedule is flexible in that the hours can be broken into either 2 or 3 shifts during the work week (Monday – Friday). The shifts need to overlap with the Visual Resources Librarian’s schedule. The salary is $14.06/hr.
V. About the Boston Architectural College:
The Boston Architectural College (BAC) is an independent, professional college located in Boston's Back Bay, offering bachelor and master's degrees in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, and design studies. We are located 1 block from the Hynes Convention Center/Auditorium stop on the Green Line and 2 blocks from the Prudential Station stop on the Green Line.