The position of Visual Resources Clerk is a part–time, non-exempt position of up to 15 hours per week providing support to the Visual Resources Librarian in the Visual Resources Library. This position reports to the Visual Resources Librarian.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Scanning images using flat-bed scanners
• Manipulating scanned digital images (adjusting, cropping, and repairing)
• Participating in researching images using electronic databases in our main library
• Assist with cataloging images using FileMaker and possibly ARTstor
• Creation of documentation material for the Visual Resources Library
• Detailed repetitive work checking records, data entry, and organizing image files and paper work
II. Standards of Professionalism
A.Team and Interpersonal skills: Success in this position requires positive relationships with other team members which is inclusive of all staff.
B.Service orientation: Success in this position requires a service-oriented perspective in which, to the greatest extent possible, students and faculty are treated in such a way as to feel valued and well served in their contacts with the school through you.
Interest and/or background in art and/or architectural history preferred
Basic to intermediate skills using Adobe Photoshop
Basic to intermediate writing skills
Enjoy working as a part of a team
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Attention to detail and highly organized
Ability to adapt to changing priorities
Interest and/or background in photography is helpful but not a necessity
Basic research skills
Visual resources and/or library experience is helpful but not a necessity
Interest in cataloging images
A. Able to overlap work schedule with the Visual Resources Librarian’s schedule.
B. Able to commit to a consistent schedule.
C. Speak clearly and understand spoken communication.