CIO/IT Strategy Media Group at TechTarget is seeking a Features Writer to cover information technology (IT) management strategies at large and small businesses, with an emphasis on how corporate IT is evolving. The primary audience is the chief information officer (CIO) but also includes other top IT leaders and business executives. The ideal candidate should have experience in technology and/or business writing and a keen interest in the impact of technology decisions on business success. Applicants should be able to produce content on a daily basis and be deadline-oriented. Strong writing and reporting skills are required. At least three to five years of experience in news or features reporting for an online, daily or weekly publication is required, preferably related to technology or business coverage.A good part of the candidate's focus will be around cloud and mobile computing, and the impact of these technologies on work, business strategy and information security. This job requires the candidate to be a self-starter who can work with a close-knit, award-winning team that works well together to bring everyone’s ideas forward.
Essential job functions:
• Reporting and writing two to three articles per week;
• Reporting and writing one CIO Decisions Ezine/e product article per month;
• Establishing relationships with CIOs and senior IT and business leaders;
• Interacting regularly with readers and industry experts;
• Working closely with other writers and editors to develop content; and
• Attending relevant industry conferences and providing timely event coverage.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Three to five years of experience in news or features reporting for an online, daily or weekly publication, preferably one aimed at a technology- or business-focused audience;
• Strong writing and reporting skills;
• Good organizational and communication skills;
• Ability to collaborate with others;
• Ability to work independently, multitask and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• PC, Microsoft Office and social media skills;
• An aptitude and interest for quickly learning new media formats;
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or business; and
• Experience interacting with CIOs and other C-level executives is a big plus.