Title: Field Service Technician
Reports to the: Field Service Supervisor or Regional Service Manager
Job Summary: The Field Service Technician is responsible for delivery, pick up, and service of company product to the customer facilities in a timely and professional manner, including educating the patient/care giver on the safe operation and use of company product. This individual will also be responsible for product care and maintenance, product repair, warehouse/shop duties, vehicle care and maintenance, and tracking of inventory at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Consistently embraces the Joerns Way.
• Responsible for delivery and set up of product in accordance with arranged schedule to the customer/patient in a timely and professional manner.
• Instructs and demonstrates patient/care giver/nurse on proper and safe use of product.
• Loads and unloads product in an orderly and secure manner in accordance with set policies and procedures.
• Completes vehicles safety checks in accordance with set procedures.
• Drives safely and defensively obeying all traffic laws.
• Provides safe environment for the patient at all times.
• Checks electrical outlets for power and proper ground when delivering electrically powered Home Medical Equipment, in addition to observing entire environment/surroundings for any concerns in accordance with set procedures.
• Completes required paperwork upon delivery, pick up, or service of product and follows and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
• Rotates on-call availability with field service technicians, including nights & weekends and travel up to two weeks at a time as needed.
• Cleans, disinfects, repairs, and quality checks all products as required in accordance with set procedures.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Two years of customer service or comparable experience required
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Must be dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
• Must have willingness and ability to work extended workweek, including some evenings and weekends and travel as required
• Ability to safely lift, push or pull up to 100 lbs
• Work/drive safely in all aspects of job
• Must have a valid and current driver license in the state the applicant resides
• Previous driving/delivery experience is preferred
• Previous DME experience is preferred, but not required; training is provided
• Ability to pass DOT medical examination and other Federal requirements
• Clean background & DMV record
• Computer skills, such as experience with Outlook email, Microsoft Excel, and smart phones such as IPhone or Android
• Complete all required training
• Ability to work independently and in team environment
• Good communication skills (verbal and written), along with good organizational skills
• Work around patients in a healthcare facility/home base facility environment
• General exposure to hospitals and VA facilities
• Work in non-climate controlled areas; subject to seasonal temperatures
• Constant driving, occasional travel up to two weeks at a time
• Sitting, standing & driving for prolonged periods of time – up to/exceeding 8 hours per day
• Moderate to loud noise levels
• General/mild exposure to hazardous chemicals (non-flammable/non toxic)
• Fast paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activities
• Working in company’s uniform
Joerns is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria.