About TechTarget: TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Associate Site Editor
TechTarget is seeking an Associate Site Editor to manage our SearchCIO.com and SearchCompliance websites. This online professional will have a passion for producing dynamic site content packages and e-products.
The primary responsibilities include: daily management and upkeep of the websites; the creation of new content types and packages such as guides, slideshows, infographics, videos and online classrooms; recruiting and managing experts to write content for the sites and helping the team copyedit and produce e-products such as ezines and handbooks.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage the daily production needs of the SearchCIO and SearchCompliance sites;
• Produce and copy edit e-products for both sites;
• Create content packages including guides, tutorials and specialized editorial packages for the websites using existing and self-written content;
• Produce and/or edit videos, classrooms, slideshows, infographics, podcasts and other content as needed;
• Research and develop an understanding of our SearchCompliance and SearchCIO audiences;
• Recruit and work with outside contributors to develop content for our virtual trade shows and sites; and
• Learn our content management system and search engine optimization best practices (training provided)
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Two years of experience as an editor/writer/producer for a website;
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or other relevant course of study;
• Writing and editing skills, including copy editing and proofreading;
• Ability and interest in multimedia production formats;
• Ability to learn custom applications and experience with content management systems;
• Ability to work in a collaborative team environment and also independently;
• Aptitude for technical subjects;
• Proactive adherence to deadlines;
• High energy, self-motivation;
• Willingness to travel occasionally