Associate Site Editor
TechTarget is seeking an Associate Editor to work on SearchCIO.com and SearchCompliance.com, online publications dedicated to covering trends and analysis of interest to C-level IT executives and IT compliance officers. Topics include IT leadership, CIO career development, IT service management, IT spending, IT governance, regulatory compliance, data management, big data analytics, cloud computing, mobility and more.
Essential Job Functions:
· Write articles, compelling content summaries and display type;
· Edit articles written by contributors and staff;
· Perform keyword research and implement SEO best practices in articles;
· Handle production work, including site maintenance, in content management system;
· Recruit speakers, develop questions and moderate multimedia-based content;
· Research reader interest through traffic analysis; and
· Develop an in-depth knowledge of site topics.
Knowledge, skills and abilities desired:
· Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, English or other relevant course of study;
· 2-4 years’ experience writing and/or editing;
· Experience with interviewing;
· Critical thinking skills, curiosity, high energy and self-motivation;
· Willingness to travel occasionally; and
· Adherence to deadlines and the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Get On Board!
TechTarget offers a fast-paced, rewarding work environment that fosters teamwork, encourages innovation and rewards individual achievement.