JOB TITLE: Sr. System Engineer
REQ # US R2013-520-008
Experience with Windows Active Directory, Windows servers 2003, 2008 in virtual environment; scripting with Microsoft PowerShell, and networking protocols, Software and hardware installation, configuration, web server support, backups, data retention policy, security, monitoring, and change control procedures.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Provide technical knowledge and systems planning to meet availability and uptime requirements
· Coordinates or resolves complex systems issues and processes
· Works in conjunction with other system administrators to deploy and maintain new server infrastructure.
· Proactively handles troubleshooting and resolution of site & services issues, and software and/or applications problems that may affect operations
· Provides analytical guidance to other team members and shares information with other System Engineers and third party partners by documenting complex operational procedures
· Drives automation of routine tasks by leveraging technology available within and outside the company
· Capacity planning based on projections from program management and actual as-is load on sites & services
· Manages and maintains corporate Exchange servers 2007 – knowledge of Exchange 2010 a plus
· Owns backup procedures, planning, schedules and tapes and restore
· Participates in Disaster Recovery planning
· Works as a lead for System Administrators in ongoing planning and upgrading of server infrastructure
· Assists in evaluation of vendor products to meet company needs
· Researches, evaluates and recommends server hardware/OS changes, upgrades or enhancements for the division
· SAN management – NetApp storage systems
· “Other related duties as appropriate and required by your manager”.
Behavioral Skills and Competencies Required:
· Passion for building extremely scalable, stable and manageable internet and application systems.
· Performance monitoring, trouble-shooting and site management for client/server architectures, particularly in W2K3, W2K8, IIS 7.0, SQL Server knowledge of and experience with Internet server operation/engineering support in data center operations, applications support
· Ability to work toward corporate objectives
· Quality of work to include timeliness, completeness and accuracy.
· Project management and documentation skills
· Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· Demonstrated ability to be a team player and willingness to lend a hand with any project.
· Knowledge of department function so that operations run smoothly in manager’s absence
Technical and Functional Skills Required:
Education: MCSE in Microsoft Windows Server and TCP/IP
Associates degree in MIS or computer science or equivalent work experience
Experience: 4+ years of hands-on experience with server applications in a Microsoft networked environment
3+ years of Windows 2003/2008 Server and Active Directory management
Excellent knowledge of HP server hardware and problem-solving skills
A level of expertise with LAN network administration
3+ years administering MS Exchange
3+ years managing backups with CommVault
Expert in Active Directory, Group Policy management, and domain security audit, etc.
Server Virtualization – VMware 5.x #LI-DNP
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS, MCSE or equivalent experience