Oceana, Inc. is seeking a Video / Multimedia Designer to work with the communications team to produce compelling materials in video, photo and graphic formats and to distribute them on Oceanas Website, blog and social media platforms. The Video / Multimedia Designer will be an all-around creative, take-charge person who seeks out ways to improve Oceanas visual presence across platforms. The Video / Multimedia Designer will guide multimedia projects through all stages of production conceptualization, story boarding, capturing content, editing visuals and audio and exporting products across digital platforms. He/she will be a strong storyteller who is able to articulate Oceanas goals and achievements through compelling multimedia products. This position receives broad work direction and objectives. Latitude is given to the position to determine approaches, procedures, and methodologies for accomplishing the work. Work receives review from the Communications Manager, International.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create and maintain digital video for Oceanas websites and web properties. Shoot video, edit video and digitize video.
2. Design website pages, buttons and banners, graphics for Facebook, event e-vites and online ads
4. Work with the Creative Services Manager to research ways to strengthen Oceanas multimedia and design presence online
5. Help create Keynote presentations.
6. Support production of Oceana PSAs
7. Perform additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
1. Bachelors degree in a related field
2. Experience shooting video and photos and capturing audio
3. Familiarity with best lighting and audio techniques
4. Proficiency in Video Editing (Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Adobe After Effects), Photoshop and Illustrator
6. Strong storytelling skills and design sense
7. Ability to identify the best medium for a story be it video, slideshow, audio clip or graphic
8. Familiarity working in a content management system
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The work environment is indoors with moderate noise (i.e. computers, printers, and light traffic).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position demands the incumbent to be mobile and sit during the workday, as well as travel to other areas of the country without staff assistance. Written and verbal communication and the ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound are critical in this position.
Oceana, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision along with generous leave and retirement package.
Oceana, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employee, EOE