Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Medical Director and Respiratory Supervisor, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing Respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Current State of Texas Respiratory Therapist Licensure (CRT OR RRT)
· Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
· BLS required.
· ACLS required within 6 months of hire.
· NRP and PALS required, within 6 months of hire.
· Three or more years of previous experience in all aspects of respiratory care preferred.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. (Non-Essential)
· Strong written and verbal skills. (Non-Essential)
· Basic computer knowledge. (Non-Essential)
· Ability to use ABG machine, ventilators, IPPB, BiPAP, EKG.
· Ability to perform chest PT.