Open To: Leatherman Employees, Express Associates and Randstad Talent Only
Job Opening: Machine Operator Level 2 – Value Stream 4
Currently Reports To: Leah Preble, Value Stream 4 Supervisor
Shift: Swing – Monday thru Friday 2pm – 10:30pm (occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Shift Differential: $0.50 cents while working a Swing shift
Applications Accepted: Tuesday, July 21, by 5pm
The successful candidate for our Machine Operator Level 2 position will operate and set-up a variety of machines (mill, grinder, polisher, press, cnc machine tools and assembly equipment) to close tolerances and complex geometry. Perform routine set-ups where tolerances are not easy to acquire and maintain.
· Operate a variety of machinery to fabricate component parts.
· Perform routine set-ups and change-overs on equipment to close tolerances.
· Monitor output and proper operation of mechanical equipment. Makes mechanical and/or program adjustments to ensure parts are meeting quantity and quality requirements as necessary.
· Conduct tests and inspections of components and/or finished tools to evaluate quality or performance using attribute and variable gaging. Uses micrometers, calipers, and comparators.
· Recognize need for process improvements, then take introductory steps toward plan or task.
· Perform duties of Level 1 operator as necessary.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
· Ability to operate a variety of machine tools and understand set-up instructions. Requires 1 year of related machine operation experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge of level 1 operations in related work area.
· Intermediate machine operation and mechanical knowledge including the ability to set up and change over various types of equipment required.
· Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems preferred.
· Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
· Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s, work instructions, and technical manuals.
· Intermediate inspection and measuring skills required, including knowledge of measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and comparators.
· Basic blueprint reading and computer skills required.
· Demonstrated skills in rate control required.
· Ability to apply problem sensitivity, critical thinking and decision making skills.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, A Very Competitive Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential