ABOUT THE POSITION: In coordination with the Dental Director, the individual in this position will be responsible for providing dental services in the Dental Clinic as well as for La Clinica de la Raza patients.
1. Requires graduation from an accredited school of dentistry; Possession of valid D.D.S. /D.M.D. License to practice in the State of California, plus two or more years experience in all phases of general dentistry and auxiliary utilization.
2. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of general dentistry and oral surgery.
3. Ability to apply modern methods and practices of general four-handed dentistry and oral surgery.
4. Ability to operate all types of dental equipment and machinery.
5. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision for patient care and follow-up, and with high productivity.
6. Bilingual English and Spanish preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs oral examinations using x-ray and other special equipment, as required; makes diagnosis and performs restorations, extractions, prophylactic and other dental work, as indicated.
2. Performs dental operations and treats mouth diseases; refers cases, when appropriate; confers with physicians regarding medical/dental problems.
3. Assigns patients to plaque control or other educational programs.
4. Attends staff conferences; keeps clinical and other records regarding services provided, supplies and materials used.
5. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.