ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Manager of Community Behavioral Health, this position is responsible for providing clinical and administrative supervision to staff and interns, ensuring quality of services provided to clients, as well as coordinating day-to-day operations of assigned aspects of the mental health and medical case management programs. The Behavioral Health Supervisor recommends and implements changes that will improve service delivery. This position is primarily a supervisory position but also includes some direct services to clients and their families.
1. Requires a California license as LCSW or Clinical Psychologist. Two years post license experience required.
2. Clinical expertise in working in the following areas: Crisis Intervention, Therapy, Case Management,
Chronic Mental Illness, Families, Adults, Children and Adolescents.
3. Experience and expertise in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
3. Expertise in supervising, training, and evaluating staff. Minimum of 2 years of supervision or clinical consultation experience.
5. Ability to work as part of a comprehensive community mental health team, to foster a positive team of professionals and to foster a positive work environment. Good organizational skills.
6. Familiar with community support systems, health care, social service resources, court, CPS, and police systems and able to represent the agency in the community.
7. Knowledge of and ability to adhere to the professional code of ethics and the state mental health code.
8. Experience working with the Latino community
8. Bilingual (Spanish/English) required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides clinical and administrative supervision to staff in the community behavioral health department.
2. Provides crisis intervention, case management and mental health services to clients.
3. Supervision of staff includes reviewing cases, monitoring treatment, clinical care, and documentation to ensure quality and appropriateness of services and professional care.
4. Analyzes alternative approaches to mental health services and medical social work services and makes recommendations for preferred approaches; provides feedback of observations to staff and MH Director
5. Evaluates staff’s work, completes staff evaluations, evaluates workloads, assigns work.
6. Personnel functions include hiring, firing, disciplining, training of staff, and making personnel recommendations to the Mental Health Director.
7. Recommends changes that would improve service delivery. Under the director of the BH Manager, the MH Supervisor aids in the development and implementation of new treatment programs.
8. May be responsible for providing and coordinating field instruction for students in his/her respective professional disciple or of other disciplines.
9. Other clinical, administrative, and operational duties as assigned by manager.