Job Title: Manager, Special Events Operations
Department: Challenges, Special Events & Sponsor Relations
Reports to: Vice President, Challenges, Special Events & Sponsor Relations
# of direct reports: 0
Salary range: 38-40K
Position Overview: The manager, special events operations is responsible for coordinating hotel accommodations, staff recruitment and VIP services at Challenges and Galas. The manager, special events operations also serves as the main liaison between multiple departments for detailed VIP hotel and staff planning before, during and after Challenges and Galas.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in special events, marketing, management, public relations, guest services, or travel/hospitality industry.
- Must have experience with databases. Raisers Edge a plus.
- Experience managing volunteers or otherwise.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Motivated, detail oriented and personable individual with excellent follow-up skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in MS Office.
· Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and stay productive.
· Nights and weekend hours when required, especially during event time.
Job duties included, but are not limited to:
· Coordinate interdepartmental communication for sponsor benefits and guest relations. Departments include: executive office of the Chairman, sponsors, celebrities, buddy ambassadors, government officials, and special supporters.
· Manage guest check-in, lead VIP event team and oversee logistics for VIP receptions during Best Buddies Challenges and Galas.
· Work directly with the Founder and Chairman for each event on the following: present and review proposed VIP guest list and assigned benefits, allocate gift bags and talent gear recipients, compile and review attendee wish list and final guest lists.
· Collect and submit Chairman’s call list from select relationship managers after each event to the Chief of Staff.
· Coordinate regular meetings during event season with relationship managers to review guest lists, schedules, itinerary templates, and deadlines.
· Responsible for entering, coding and updating all VIP guest information in Raisers Edge, including financial information.
· Utilize Raisers Edge to produce VIP guest and invitation lists, thank you letters and record pertinent information regarding assigned benefits. Track event attendance numbers and provide final guest count to team.
· Assist the Vice President, Challenges, Special Events & Sponsor Relations for other special services for VIPs as assigned.
· Responsible for researching and negotiating hotel contracts for staff and VIP guests at Challenges and Galas. Serves as the relationship manager for each confirmed property, as well as the point person for all hotel-related items.
· Oversee hotel contract agreements to ensure that benefits and obligations are met. Responsible for communicating and meeting relevant deadlines and information to relationship managers.
· Work with multiple departments, including state development and operations, to recruit staff for Best Buddies Challenges.
· Work with Director, Special Events Finance & Logistics to manage staff for Challenges, including: trainings, travel, staff hotel list, car rental, and tracking online registration.
· Manage master staff list for Challenges.