POSITION SUMMARY: Maintains a safe and secure environment for the facility in accordance with specific procedures; patrols the grounds and buildings. Regulates and expedites the entry and exit of emergency vehicles into the Village grounds; performs duties as First Responder and responds to emergencies in cooperation with the Front Desk and other department representatives. Maintains awareness of activities and projects underway at Village property in order to direct and assist visitors, vendors, contractors, as well as residents and their guests.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must display tact, courtesy, exhibit excellent customer service skills, maintain a professional demeanor, and deal sensitively in interactions with residents, visitors, co-workers, and others. Possess integrity and uphold all Village standards as a Courtesy Officer and First Responder. Must be able to deal effectively in a team environment, as well as work independently. Must be able to speak, read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred: Prior experience as a Security Guard, Courtesy Officer, or similar position is desirable.
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER OPERATIONS: Required: Ability to operate Village vehicles, hand-held two-way radio, emergency assist system for residents, and telephone system. Possess general office skills to include ability to perform minor maintenance of equipment and supplies. Training will be provided to familiarize incumbent with related equipment to ensure safety and proper operation during use.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: Required: Must possess a current, valid Texas driver’s license with good driving record and remain insurable by Village carriers. Possess current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), automated external defibrillator (AED), and First Aid certifications. Preferred: Commercial Driver’s License desirable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes rounds either walking or driving company vehicle or golf cart of the entire exterior of the Village complex; observes and responds to the presence of unauthorized persons or vehicles.
2. Directs and controls traffic and parking for large functions.
3. Provides transportation to and from Freedom House as requested.
4. Acts as First Responder and responds to problems and emergencies according to standing instructions and procedures, using good judgment as the situation requires.
5. Expedites entry and departure of emergency vehicles and responds to emergencies as prescribed in the Emergency Action book.
6. Submits comprehensive incident reports of any non-routine event occurring during shift.
7. Consults with Supervisor on any situation involving exception to policies and procedures.
8. Regulates access to the Village by vehicles and persons on foot entering the premises at entry and exit gates; closely follows directions given by residents, Supervisor, or management regarding restricted entry or expected arrival of guests.
9. Issues “Visitor” passes as appropriate and maintains a log of entry and departure of all visitors.
10. Coordinates entry of delivery vehicles with applicable Departments prior to allowing Village access.
11. Informs residents and staff, via telephone, of the arrival of visitors or guests.
12. Operates gate when appropriate.
13. Utilizes on-duty Desk Clerk as point of contact in the absence of Supervisor (Note: Applies to Night and Weekend Courtesy Officers only)
14. Performs general duties to include, but not limited to, minor plumbing repairs and janitorial duties, messenger duties, and assisting residents. (Note: Applies to Night and Weekend Courtesy Officers only)
15. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
DIRECT REPORTS: None.
INTERNAL CONTROL: Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are complied with. This position may handle confidential information and must treat such with appropriate sensitivity.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Work may be performed outdoors and some situations will result in exposure to the elements for short intervals. Job duties can be rigorous and physical demands are high at times. Occasional lifting and transfers of light loads of less than 75 pounds is required. Bending, squatting, and reaching are necessary, as well as maneuvering in and between buildings and offices of the Village facilities and grounds. Maintain a level of fitness, and have eyesight correctable to 20/20 and hearing within the normal range, to ensure the incumbent can quickly and accurately respond to emergencies, as well as be able to drive a Village vehicle, as assigned. Few environmental hazards are present, although the threat of communicable disease exists. Mild cleaning products, waxes, and soaps are used in the immediate area. Mild pesticides are used periodically to control bug infestation.
WORK SCHEDULE: Due to the type of operation, Air Force Village maintains a 24-hour a day/7-day a week Courtesy Officer presence. Schedules can vary from day, night, weekend, and rotating shifts. Schedules are subject to change as needed to provide adequate coverage and Courtesy Officers are expected to be able to work alternating shifts. Special projects, events, or assignments may require working additional hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
WORK LOCATION: Air Force Village II.
ATTIRE AND DRESS CODE: Designated uniform as outlined by Supervisor must be worn and kept clean and in serviceable condition. Village employee ID badge or name tag must be worn at all times while on duty. Closed-toe shoes with slip-resistant soles required. See employee handbook for specific guidelines. It is the intention of Air Force Village to ensure that employees maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times while on duty.
RANGE OF PAY: Dependent upon qualifications and experience, with the intent to be competitive within the market.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.