Information regarding the question about felony convictions:
Please note- a conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment. Each case is given individual consideration based upon the job-relatedness of the offense.
**Connecticut Applicants: You are not required to disclose the existence of any arrest, criminal charge or conviction, the records of which have been erased pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. 46b-146, 54-76o or 54-142a. The criminal records subject to erasure pursuant to those sections are records pertaining to a finding of delinquency or that a child was a member of a family with service needs, an adjudication as a youthful offender, a criminal charge that has been dismissed or nolled, a criminal charge for which the person has been found not guilty or a conviction for which the person received an absolute pardon. Any person whose criminal records have been erased pursuant to Conn. Gen. Stat. 46b-146, 54-76o or 54-142a shall be deemed to have never been arrested within the meaning of Connecticut law with respect to the proceedings so erased and may swear so under oath.
By completing the application you agree to the following statements:
· I CERTIFY THAT THE INFORMATION I HAVE PROVIDED IN THIS APPLICATION AND DURING THE HIRING PROCESS IS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE. I UNDERSTAND THAT A MISREPRESENTATION OR DELIBERATE OMISSION OF INFORMATION ON THIS APPLICATION OR DURING THE HIRING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN MY DISQUALIFICATION FROM CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT, OR IF I AM HIRED, MAY RESULT IN THE TERMINATION OF MY EMPLOYMENT.
· I UNDERSTAND THAT NOTHING CONTAINED IN THIS EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION OR IN THE GRANTING OF AN INTERVIEW IS INTENDED TO, OR DOES, CREATE AN EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT BETWEEN MYSELF AND THE COMPANY. SPECTRUM PLASTICS GROUP IS AN AT-WILL EMPLOYER. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM HIRED I WILL BE EMPLOYED AT WILL, AND THAT EITHER I OR THE COMPANY MAY TERMINATE MY EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE OR ADVANCE NOTICE.
· I UNDERSTAND THAT IF THE COMPANY OFFERS ME EMPLOYMENT, MY EMPLOYMENT WILL BE CONTINGENT, AMONG OTHER MATTERS, ON PASSING A DRUG AND ALCOHOL TEST UNDER CURRENT COMPANY POLICY, AND ON A CRIMNAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
1. Support the Spectrum Plastics Group, MN (SPG, MN) safety program and its goal of zero accidents.
2. Ensure operational processes and quality requirements meet customer expectations and company goals.
1. Identify customer quality requirements and develop inspection methods and plans to support their achievement.
2. Manage internal and external quality issues for their assigned market team in order to achieve team goals.
3. Provide support to engineering, inspection, manufacturing, and sales functions to achieve SPG and team goals.
4. Understand applicable quality principles including, but not limited to, statistics, sampling management, blueprint reading, metrology, quality planning techniques, and closed loop corrective action.
5. Understand applicable Spectrum Plastic Group Standard Operating Procedures.
6. Assist in project acquisition by identifying customer quality requirements, and their associated costs and impacts to the quotation team.
7. Assist in the project development phase by specifying first article submission requirements. This includes dimensional analysis, capability studies, customer forms, and required certifications.
8. Understand the quality requirements of SPGs customers. Clarify customer requirements when necessary.
9. When appropriate, analyze inspection data for evidence that manufacturing and inspection processes are functioning properly. Initiate corrective/preventive action when necessary.
10. Process incoming, in-process, finished, and customer returned discrepant material according to the Discrepant Material Report, and corrective action procedures. Hold daily MRB meetings for rejected product.
11. Support the problem resolution process by acting as resource for quality problem solving methodology.
12. Respond with documented closed loop corrective action to internal and external quality problems when appropriate.
13. Support the purchasing function by identifying purchased component/service quality requirements and supporting resolution of quality issues.
14. Act as backup for the other Quality Engineers.
15. Read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, quality manuals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations as appropriate.
16. Read, write, and analyze business and technical reports, business correspondence, procedures and inspection plans to effectively present business and technical information in response to inquiries from peers, subordinates, management, co-workers and customers.
17. Interpret technical information in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and solid concepts.
18. Define problems, perform root cause analysis, choose and implement solutions, and test their effectiveness.
19. Apply and understand process and gauging qualification methods, statistical sampling theory, and statistical process control methods.
20. Program CMM to support the inspection function.
21. Maintain and support the calibration function.
22. Provide supervisory and scheduling support for the first article inspection function.
23. Lead and/or support continuous improvement efforts including 5S.
General industry specific responsibilities
24. Maintain current knowledge for the customer specific requirements of SPGs general industry customers and requirements of ISO/TS-16949, especially PPAP and APQP, and support SPG, MNs compliance as required.
QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
1. 3 5 years work experience in a Quality Engineering role, in industrial products industry.
2. Proficient in GD&T and metrology. Able to read detailed blueprints and follow assembly instructions, develop inspection plans and evaluate CMM programs. Gage R&R preferred.
3. Ability to use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, with experience in CMM Programming, GD&T, Gage R&R and Inspection Plan development
4. Demonstrated successful application of analytical quality tools including Six Sigma, Lean, SPC
5. Computer literate in various software applications. (i.e. - Word, Excel, Access, Minitab.)
6. Independent organization and prioritization of multiple tasks
7. Able to lead PFMEA sessions as required
8. Communication: Ability to internally and externally discuss and clearly define key technical and process development issues and independently develop course of action/plans
9. Strong technical writing skills and ability to create technical protocols and reports as well as manufacturing/inspection procedures
10. Interpersonal: Ability to cooperate and support team members and ability to coordinate interdepartmental activities and to resolve individual conflicts and issues.
11. Business Acumen: Require a basic understanding of business and financial impact of project.
12. Teamwork: Pursue trust for each team member. Seek and deliver honest feedback to all team members. Committed and accountable to achieving team goals. Abide by team decisions
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Degree in a related field or relevant experience with equivalent qualifications.
2. Experience in SPC, Lean, Six Sigma and Process Validation/Process Capability
3. ASQ CQE/CSSBB or equivalent preferred