Associate Site Editor Job Description - SearchNetworking
TechTarget's Networking Media Group is looking for an Associate Site Editor to provide support for its online publications. This creative, fast-paced job involves writing, editing, maintaining and updating content on a well-known network site that targets business technology readers. Working closely with the site editor, the Associate Site Editor will be involved in writing and editing, daily site monitoring and operations, working with industry experts and vendors, and other editorial projects as needed. Candidates should be excellent writers with experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Candidates will develop knowledge of business networking technologies and should be comfortable learning about new technology. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently are essential to success in this role. Candidates will also be required to develop a strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
Essential job functions:
· Handle a variety of writing and editing projects and collaborate with multiple editors in a fast-paced environment;
· Learn to use a variety of online reporting and search engine optimization (SEO) analytics tools (training provided);
· Leverage social media and online communities for research and reader interaction;
· Develop an understanding of the priorities and challenges of networking IT professionals;
· Research and write compelling content targeting the IT professional, with guidance from site editor and staff as needed;
· Develop and maintain IT industry professionals as sources;
· Attend relevant trade shows and conferences as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· This position requires at least two years’ experience as an editor/writer/producer for a Web site or print publication;
· Knowledge of basic fundamentals and ethics of journalistic writing and editing; Strong proofreading and copy editing skills; familiarity with AP style guidelines;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Strong organizational skills, able to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize workload and hit tight deadlines;
· Strong MS Office), PC and Internet-research skills; aptitude to learn new systems quickly;
· Experience with social media platforms a plus;
· Degree in journalism/communications preferred.