TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has an opening for a challenging and growth-oriented position:
Associate Editor Job Description - Networking Media Group
TechTarget's Networking Media Group is looking for an Associate Site Editor to provide support for its online publications and work with our site editor. This creative, fast-paced job involves writing, editing, maintaining and updating content on our networking sites that target business technology readers. Working closely with the site editor, the Associate Site Editor will be involved in writing and editing, daily site monitoring and operations, developing and editing e-newsletters, working with industry experts and vendors, and taking on multimedia editorial projects.
Candidates will need to develop knowledge of enterprise networking technologies – and should be comfortable continually learning about new enterprise technologies, particularly in the areas of evolving software-defined networking and traditional hardware networking. Candidates must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable working on deadline with a variety of staff. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to work independently are essential to success in this role. Candidates will also be required to develop a strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
Essential job functions:
· Handle a variety of writing and editing duties and collaborate with multiple editors in a fast paced environment;
· Maintain and update sites using content management system, online reporting tools and other online production systems;
· Develop, edit and produce written and multimedia projects;
· Learn and implement search engine optimization (SEO) techniques in all content produced (training provided);
· Leverage social media and online communities for research and reader interaction;
· Develop an understanding of the priorities and challenges of networking IT professionals;
· Research and write compelling content from the IT professional's point of view;
· Develop and maintain IT industry professionals as sources; and,
Potentially attend relevant trade shows and conferences
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· 1-3 years experience writing and/or editing for the Web;
· Strong journalistic writing skills
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, communications, English or related field;
· Excellent Internet and computer skills;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Understanding of business technology and information security concepts;
· Willingness to learn online production systems;
· Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) practices;
· Capable strategic and tactical thinker; and,
· A self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven publishing environment.
Get On Board!
TechTarget offers competitive salaries and benefits in a fun and energized work environment. Our autonomous culture rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on. Apply online