PLEASE NOTE: Qualified applicants must electronically submit a brief cover letter, CV or current resume, and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application. The application tool will only allow one document for upload.
Job Description Template
July 17, 2014
POSITION: Adjunct Faculty, Occupational Therapy Program
DEPARTMENT: Division of Occupational Therapy, School of Health Sciences
SUPERVISOR: Director of Occupational Therapy
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3500 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Graduate and Adult Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
American International College is presently seeking adjunct professors to teach occupational therapy courses including task and activity analysis, OT process-pediatrics and mental health, and research methods.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Master's degree in occupational therapy required; Doctorate in occupational therapy or related field preferred
· 1-2 teaching experience in a college or university setting
· Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds
· Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm for working in an interprofessional setting
· Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff
· Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using these tools.
The Adjunct Faculty for the Occupational Therapy Program is a part time, non-benefit eligible, exempt position.
Qualified applicants must electronically submit a cover letter, current resume or CV summarizing your qualifications and the contact information for three professional references (all saved as one document) via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.