The Doe Fund is a nationally acclaimed nonprofit organization which provides economic opportunity, transitional and supportive housing, and comprehensive social services to underserved populations including the formerly homeless and incarcerated, disconnected youth, veterans, and people living with AIDS.
Its flagship transitional work program-- Ready, Willing & Able-- integrates paid work, occupational training, and holistic supportive services to facilitate an individual’s return to mainstream society. The program has been replicated in cities across the country.
The Doe Fund has an annual operating budget of $50 million and a full-time staff of 400.
The Doe Fund is currently seeking several high-energy, self motivated Case Managers to join our Ready, Willing & Able Program and Veterans Program. These position will be based out of our Porter Avenue, Brooklyn location.
• Manage a caseload, evaluate client to identify barriers and execute the corrective action needed by directing them to proper referral service.
• Research and coordinate access to outside referral sources for Mental Health, Substance Recovery, Benefits, Entitlements, and Primary Care services.
• Collaborate with clients, provide assistance in goal setting and self-development.
• Organize and facilitate groups on various topics.
• Maintain current, accurate, complete and timely documentation of individual client progress in the form of both paper documentation and entered into the client tracking database.
• Provide crisis intervention to clients in order to resolve any issues or concerns that may arise.
• Bachelor degree preferred
• At least 2+ years of experience in Human Services/Case Management
• CASAC preferred
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills required
• Working knowledge of MS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive Salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.