ABOUT THE POSITION: Under general supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor, performs clinical laboratory procedures, quality assurance, and instrument maintenance. The medical technologist also maintains cooperative working relationships with intra-departmental and inter-departmental personnel as well as provides assistance to laboratory co-workers in resolution of clinical problems.
1. Possession of a valid license as Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the State of California Department of Public Health.
2. Two (2) to Three (3) years experience as Clinical Lab Technologist.
3. Ability to work independently and with team, supervises and instructs others and communicate effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs a variety of tests requiring use of professional judgment in such areas as hematology, microbiology, clinical chemistry, urinalysis, and serology.
2. Performs quality control procedures, equipment maintenance and calibration and reagent preparation.
3. Provides clinical supervision and instructions to lab assistants, phlebotomist's, and trainees.
4. Compiles and prepares reports; reviews and updates laboratory procedures.
5. Provides in-service training to other laboratory personnel
within a designated area.
6. Performs clerical functions associated with the designated
7. Attends meeting as needed.
8. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
9. Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff, and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services.
10. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
11. Other duties as assigned by supervisor