Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
Position: PBX Phone Operator - Part Time
Location: Catalain, AZ
The PBX Operator is at the heart of the resort and is in many instances the first and last interaction our guests have with us. This position is responsible for handling incoming and outgoing phone calls; responding to guest requests; learning and disseminating basic hotel information; and being knowledgeable of procedures and techniques necessary for the smooth operation of the department. The PBX Operator is required to display exceptional customer service, possess excellent phone manner, a working knowledge of computers and phone systems and be able to think and act independently as appropriate for situations that may arise.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
· Answering all incoming calls in courteous manner
· Connecting guests and employees to the appropriate extensions
· Be familiar with hotel, its services and the local area.
· Following through in resolving guest issues and/or requests accurately
· Handling all emergencies according to established resort procedures.
· Distributing messages for guests and employees
· Dispatching calls to Engineering, Housekeeping and Security via the 2-way radio
· Applicants should be able to remain poised during periods of high-volume and stressful situations.
· At least one year of related switchboard experience in a resort/hotel environment is preferred
· Listening and verbal skills to answer and respond to guests inquiries by telephone
· Prior customer service experience and skills
· Courteous and clear speaking voice
· Excellent communication skills - read, write and speak English fluently
· Ability to use the computer, manipulate keyboard and mouse
· Position requires sitting at least 75% of the time, standing and walking 25% of the time. Bending, stooping, reaching, lifting no more than 20 pounds occasionally, pushing and pulling occasionally.
· Must have flexible schedule and be able to work all shifts, including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
I understand that if I am employed, any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered. I give the employer the right to contact and obtain information from all references, employers, and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of the information contained in this application. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering and using such information and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information. The employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This application is current for 6 months. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application. I hereby understand and acknowledge that unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an at will nature which means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge employee at any time for any reason. It is further understood that this at will employment relationship may not be changed by any oral statement or written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive officer of this organization. The employment confers no contractual employment or any guarantee of continued employment.
I understand it is the company’s policy not to refuse to hire a qualified individual with a disability because of that person’s need for a reasonable accommodation as required by the ADA.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal work authorization. I acknowledge that the company may request prior to employment that I undergo a medical exam or drug testing, and I consent and agree to any such exam, if required, now or in the future. I understand that when pre-employment drug testing is required, a satisfactory result is a condition of employment. The company also requires post-accident drug/alcohol testing.