Responsible for testing/aligning RF Microwave Amplifier Systems. Should be familiar with working with high power and with basic RF measurement; such as Gain, VSWR, and insertion loss. Should have knowledge of Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, and Power Meters. Must have knowledge of microprocessor based control circuitry and have he ability of trouble shooting down to component level. Performs a variety of non-routine tasks to ensure production quality standards are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs the set-up, calibration, testing, and trouble shooting of circuits, components, instruments, and mechanical assemblies.
2. Performs hand set-ups for digital tests, recognizes failures and set-up problems and determines need for appropriate verification.
3. Operates programmable auto-testers, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies, and special test fixtures.
4. Prepares written reports and may make recommendations for procedural changes.
5. Provides direction, leadership and training to lower level employees.
6. Performs the duties of the Electronics Tech III as needed.
7. Performs other task as assigned.
8. Maintains all a positive work environment by professional and courteous conduct and communications with others, including supervisors, co-workers, clients and vendors.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Technical School or equivalent (3) three years of related experience. BS Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.