|POSITION SUMMARY: Performs day-to-day housekeeping and laundry tasks in accordance with federal, State, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations. Assures that facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner and that an adequate supply of linen is on hand at all times to meet the needs of the residents.
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Must display tact, respect, courtesy, and patience with residents and maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in interactions with residents, family members, visitors, co-workers, supervisors and others. Must possess strict honesty, confidentiality and integrity, and be even tempered and display good work habits. Must be able to speak, read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English. Be able to work independently or under limited supervision to complete tasks promptly, effectively, and efficiently within assigned schedules and according to established standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Possess knowledge in the use of cleaning and laundry chemicals, as well as laundry and housekeeping equipment. At least one year of work experience in a similar position in a retirement community, health care center, residential apartment complex, or hotel.
EQUIPMENT AND COMPUTER OPERATIONS: General cleaning chemicals and equipment will be used in performing the essential functions of the job, including: upright vacuum, brooms and mops, dusters, laundry washing machines, ironer, and dryer. Thorough training will be provided to familiarize candidate with all equipment and chemicals used in accordance with material safety directives to ensure safety during use.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS: Required: None. Preferred: Ongoing safety training, training and seminars pertinent to Environmental Services department tasks are highly recommended.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs routine cleaning and repetitive tasks alone or with others in resident apartments/homes, including: baseboard cleaning, wet or damp mopping, sweeping, dusting, window washing, vacuuming, carpet spot cleaning, general cleaning, bath rooms, kitchen, and arranging lightweight furniture and/or equipment.
2. Washes and folds linens and residents personal clothing, irons table clothes and napkins for dining services.
3. Signs out and in and observes key control policy designed to insure resident security and privacy.
4. Obtains Supervisor approval prior to performing resident-requested deviations from regularly scheduled service routines.
5. Promptly informs Supervisor of any changes in resident lifestyle that may indicate the need for senior staff intervention.
6. Reports missing, unserviceable, or defective fixtures and equipment to include vacuums, light bulbs, towel and tissue holders, safety bars, windows, faucets, hardware, appliances, linens, etc. to Supervisor for proper action.
7. Promptly reports any concerns regarding resident and employee health or safety to Supervisor.
8. Maintains assigned schedule and does not deviate without receiving prior Supervisor approval.
9. Assists in cleaning common areas of facility when not assigned to an apartment cleaning schedule.
10. Reports any down time to Supervisor to maximize effectiveness and efficiency for the benefit of Village residents.
11. Adheres to all Resident Relations and Air Force Village policies regarding private employment, solicitation, socialization, and accepting gifts/tips from residents.
12. Attends all mandatory Health Care Center in-service training sessions involving working around elderly residents.
13. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
INTERNAL CONTROL: Within the scope of position duties, responsible for seeing that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are complied with. This position will handle confidential resident information and must treat such with appropriate sensitivity.
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a climate controlled setting with slight-to-extensive exposure to the elements in travel between work locations/buildings accomplished on-foot or via golf cart, once trained on proper use, and while cleaning balconies and patios. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn as needed to minimize exposure to health hazards, and training regarding the use same will be provided. Must be able to perform 7 to 8 hours of daily sustained physical activity consisting of walking, standing, stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 20 lbs. Incumbent must be able to push laundry and housekeeping carts weighing 40 lbs. between buildings and assignments. There are very few environmental hazards, although the threat of communicable disease exists. Mild cleaning products, waxes, and soaps are used in the immediate area. Mild pesticides are used periodically to control bug infestation.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core work hours vary, Monday through Friday, and may require working alternating weekends and holidays. Special projects or assignments may involve working additional hours to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
WORK LOCATION: Work will take place at Air Force Village I and II.
ATTIRE/DRESS CODE: Designated uniform must be worn and must be kept clean and in serviceable condition. Name tags must be worn at all times. Close-toed, slip-resistant shoes must be worn. PPE, to include gloves and safety goggles, must be worn when handling specific hazardous substances.
RANGE OF PAY: Dependent upon qualifications and experience, with the intent to be competitive within the market.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.