Assistant Site Editor
Data Center & Virtualization Media Group
About TechTarget: TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Assistant Site Editor
TechTarget's Data Center & Virtualization Media Group is seeking an Assistant Site Editor to provide support for its online publications. This fast-paced, entry-level job involves maintaining and updating the content on its cloud computing website. The Assistant Site Editor will be involved with daily site updates and operations, developing and editing e-newsletters, writing and editing original and contributed articles, engaging readers through social media, and working with industry experts and vendors.
Candidates will be required to develop knowledge of cloud computing technologies and should be comfortable continually learning about new technologies. Candidates must have excellent communication skills with the ability to work independently and in collaboration with a variety of staff. Attention to detail and deadlines, strong organizational skills, creativity and flexibility are also essential to success in this role. Candidates will be required to develop a strong understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) best practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Handle a variety of editing duties and collaborate with multiple groups in a deadline-driven environment;
- Maintain and update sites using content management systems, online reporting tools and other online production systems;
- Compose and edit weekly e-newsletters;
- Learn and implement search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to produce well-positioned content produced (training is provided);
- Leverage social media and online communities for research and reader interaction;
- Develop, produce and edit multimedia projects;
- Research and write compelling content for an IT professional audience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- 0-2 years' experience writing and/or editing for the Web;
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism or English;
- Interest in reporting, writing and journalism;
- Excellent Internet and computer skills;
- Ability to establish a voice and engage the audience on social media platforms;
- Good communication skills; ability to work efficiently with a team of writers and editors;
- Strong copy editing skills;
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of business technology concepts;
- Willingness to learn online production systems;
- Experience with multimedia equipment and editing tools (video, audio) a plus;
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) practices a plus;
- A self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven publishing environment.