Job Opening: Manufacturing Project Engineer
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Project Engineer for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 team members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Manufacturing Project Engineer position will support overall business objectives of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Growth through continuous improvement in productivity of operations. They will perform a variety of engineering work in planning and design of manufacturing machinery and new product development. This includes working in a team with other engineering and manufacturing disciplines in the development and application of processes to increase production quality, efficiency or volume.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
· Participates in a department culture which supports the principles of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Growth.
· Develop, document, test and evaluate processes, techniques and equipment for new products which will improve output, quality, and process capability. Develop and design production aids, fixtures, tooling, and gages for improved production efficiency and for new product implementation.
· Utilize project management tools to ensure project plans conform to schedules for timely introduction of new products into production. Determines processing methods, manpower and schedule requirements, capital equipment and required tooling (with related cost estimates) needed for new products.
· Report on status and then final results of projects to ensure accomplishment of technical objectives. Prepares and presents reports outlining the progress and outcome of technical projects and makes recommendations to implement desired improvements.
· Investigate, specify and prepare justification for new capital equipment or for upgrades or modifications to existing equipment. This may include design of special production machinery and managing installation process.
· Provide feedback to Product Design Engineers regarding design improvements based on manufacturability and/or customer suggestions.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross functional areas to ensure new products are introduced to manufacturing in an effective manner. Provide leadership as appropriate to ensure project success.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering required.
· Two to three years experience with New Product Development implementation.
· Five years or more experience with manufacturing processes of steel components such as machining, grinding, stamping and assembly.
· Advanced problem solving skills including root cause analysis and solution implementation.
· Experience implementing Lean manufacturing principles.
· Utilization of PFMEA.
· Computer and 3D CAD skills, GD&T and tooling design.
· Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written).
· Must be highly motivated, assertive, have the ability to work independently, drive ideas through to completion, posses excellent interpersonal skills.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, A Very Competitive Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential