Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
The Nutritionist provides high quality service to guests through education lectures and one-on-one counseling. The Nutritionist assists the culinary staff in presenting meals that comply with Miraval’s food philosophy. The Nutritionist is responsible for creating and adapting new, creative and progressive programming for Miraval guests.
· Creates, adapts and conducts nutrition classes
· Conducts individual guest consultations
· Conducts Resting Metabolic Rate and Body Composition diagnostic testing
· Remains current on nutrition information and science
· Assists the culinary staff in providing nutritionally balanced food options
· Assists the Executive Chef and culinary staff in analyzing menu items for nutrients
· Communicates special food requests to culinary and food and beverage staff
· Maintains complete confidentiality in all guest/program matters in accordance with Miraval policy
· Demonstrates and incorporates mindfulness in all guest contact, programs, experiences and written materials
· Attends to daily maintenance and operations of the department
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Nutrition Manager or Director of Programs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Registered Dietitian. (A Registered Dietitian is a food and nutrition expert who has met the minimum academic and professional requirements to qualify for the credential "RD.")
· Adheres to all employee guidelines, standards, policies and procedures relevant to the position, stay abreast of any changes, updates or revisions that occur. Maintain complete communication and cooperation with all Miraval staff.
· Strong teaching and counseling skills required
· Ability to perform nutritional diagnostic testing and interpretation of nutritional specific information
· Experience in individual counseling
· Experience in group education/teaching
· Experience in nutrition specific diagnostic testing
· Excellent command of the English language in communicating both verbally and non-verbally
· Ability to prepare/write educational materials for guests
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, guests and the general public
· Ability to calculate calorie and nutrient requirements
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
· Ability to work with food measurements for nutrient analysis
· Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram format
· Ability to handle conflicting ideas and controversies around nutrition and communicated information diplomatically
The Physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk use hand to write on chart, talk, hear, see, taste, smell
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 pounds
· Specific vision abilities required include distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision
The work environment characteristics described here represent those that an employee may be exposed to while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Employee will perform most tasks in small group settings in a classroom/meeting room environment
· One on one consultations will be held in an office setting
· The noise level in the environment is moderate
This job description does not imply any written or verbal contract. It is for information and communication only. We reserve the right to change the requirements of this job and any related responsibilities as business requires.I understand that if I am employed, any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered. I give the employer the right to contact and obtain information from all references, employers, and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of the information contained in this application. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering and using such information and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information. The employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This application is current for 6 months. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application. I hereby understand and acknowledge that unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an at will nature which means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge employee at any time for any reason. It is further understood that this at will employment relationship may not be changed by any oral statement or written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive officer of this organization. The employment confers no contractual employment or any guarantee of continued employment.
I understand it is the company’s policy not to refuse to hire a qualified individual with a disability because of that person’s need for a reasonable accommodation as required by the ADA.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal work authorization. I acknowledge that the company may request prior to employment that I undergo a medical exam or drug testing, and I consent and agree to any such exam, if required, now or in the future. I understand that when pre-employment drug testing is required, a satisfactory result is a condition of employment. The company also requires post-accident drug/alcohol testing.