· Responsible for development and implementation of the PSM Program in accordance with the standards noted in California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 5189 and the California Accident Release Prevention (Cal-ARP) Program in accordance to Title 19 Div. 2 Chapter 4.5 (Cal-ARP).
· Candidate must be capable of facilitating hazard reviews, managing the 13 elements in the PSM program, the non-PSM elements of the Cal-ARP program, and conduct off site consequence analyses for compliance with the Cal-ARP program.
· Requires interfacing with other departments to effectively manage the on site inventory of regulated materials below the threshold quantities where feasible to minimize on-site and off-site risks.
· This position will interface closely with EH&S for technical policy direction to ensure process hazards analyses are conducted for all affected processes and to lead and direct implementation of the 13 elements of the PSM program and additional elements required for Cal-ARP.
· May require coordinating with outside contractors to design and implement the standards; will require lead hazards analysis teams for processes and facility design reviews. Will be required to develop and maintain action plans for PHA findings; establish processes to insure completion of required training and inspections. Will provide leadership of, and participation in, incident investigations to ensure root cause determination and document corrective action plans to ensure action plan completion, and audits to ensure compliance with the PSM standard.
BS Degree in Engineering or Science discipline. Must have knowledge in application of PSM and Cal-ARP regulations in a chemical or pharmaceutical plant. Strong computer and database management skills. Excellent communication ability. Must be able to walk around chemical manufacturing plant and conduct audits and ensure effective implementation of this regulation.