Job Opening: Maintenance Technician 3
Shift: Graveyard – Sunday thru Thursday 10pm – 6:30am (Occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
Shift Differential: Additional $0.75 cents per hour while working a Graveyard Shift
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
Leatherman Tool Group, Inc. is seeking a Maintenance Technician 3 for our world headquarters located in Portland, Oregon. Leatherman is the world leader in the design and manufacturer of innovative, high quality, compact, multi-purpose tools. We employ over 500 Team Members in our 90,000 square feet facility. Visit our website at: www.leatherman.com
The successful candidate for the Maintenance Technician 3 position must enjoy hands on mechanical and electrical work. Maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing and related equipment as well as building systems to maintain safe and fully functional equipment. Provide electrical maintenance on existing equipment, install and wire electric motors and machinery of all sizes, perform preventive maintenance on production equipment, initiate and modify electrical designs and update electrical drawings.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
· Troubleshoot problems to affect complex repairs by referring to equipment manuals and following repair procedures, so equipment can be operational with a minimum of down time and repairs electro-mechanical equipment, electrical and electronic equipment and systems requiring the isolation of the malfunction, disassembly and re-assembly of equipment.
· Performs a wide variety of skilled duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and modify electro-mechanical equipment.
· Process the necessary paperwork involved in daily work such as preventative maintenance work orders, purchase requisitions and other documents specific to work area.
· Perform preventive maintenance work on the most complex equipment and situations to ensure minimal down time of manufacturing equipment so production targets are achieved which requires highest skill level. Maintenance can include cleaning and lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery, using rags, brushes, and grease gun. Inspect and test machinery and equipment.
· Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or repaired parts, following manufactures specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
· Assemble, install and program mechanical, electro-mechanical and automated machinery and systems such as production machinery / tools, storage racks, and robots.
· Set up and operate machine tool equipment in the maintenance area as well as basic operation of most production equipment such as drill presses, vertical mills, band saws, cut off saws, engine lathes, gas, arc, mig, and tig welding equipment as may be necessary to fabricate, repair and/or duplicate parts required to maintain and repair equipment.
· Layout, assemble, install, and maintain pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment Provide work leadership to lower level Maintenance Technicians. May participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operation.
· Use of hand tools weighing up to 15 pounds including hand power tools. This equipment will include but not be limited to drills, saws, grinders, and threading equipment.
· May perform non-certified welding, non-certified electrical repair and skilled machining operations incidental to repair and maintenance tasks.
· Clean equipment, tools, etc. and surrounding area between jobs.
· Although job is not supervisory position, provides work leadership to maintenance co-workers and may participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operation.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required. Associates degree in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred.
· Oregon State certification as Limited Maintenance Electrician preferred or minimum of 10 years’ experience and specialized knowledge to include maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and rebuilding machinery or manufacturing technology specific to Leatherman such as Feintool or Berger.
· Five years maintenance experience required. Five years electrical maintenance experience required.
· Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulics with ability to take voltage, amperage, OHM, pressure and/or flow reading in accordance with ladder and schematic diagrams and determine values. Electrical/electronic knowledge/skill include but not limited to controls, magnetic starters, rotary switches, relays, solenoids, brakes, input/output devices for PLC’s, CNC and standard electrical wiring principles for AC (up to 480v. three phase) and DC. Knowledge of linear and rotary drives including but not limited to ball screws, right angle, gear reducers, variable speed, rack and pinion, belt and chain, and hydraulic and pneumatic.
· Ability to be certified to operate forklifts, scissors lift, overhead cranes and hoists to assist in material and personnel movement required.
· Must have working knowledge of standard OSHA and State safety regulations and policies including Lock Out Tag procedures for all types of equipment, proper handling of solvents and chemical according to MSDS sheets, vision, hearing and respiratory protection, and proper lifting techniques as may be required within the scope of the job at hand.
· Excellent skills in interpersonal communication and teamwork.
· Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
· Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
· Effectively problem solve, prioritize, and follow through on assignments and projects.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Bonus Plan up to 8% base annual wage and overtime annual wages in a given year, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential