Summary: The primary function of this position is to assist 1st Financial Federal Credit Union to achieve our mission of saving member’s money, making member’s money and saving member’s time. One of the primary means to achieve this end is to ensure that outstanding service is delivered to both internal and external members. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of the member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution.
1st Financial Mission: Save you money. Make you money. Save you time. That’s why we exist.
1st Financial Service Promises:
· We promise to provide you with service so great you will never want to leave us.
· We promise to listen to you and offer appropriate solutions.
· We promise to recommend products and services that are in your best interest.
· We promise to act with integrity.
· We promise to take ownership of your requests.
· We promise to make decisions that benefit you, the owners as a whole.
1. Responsible for delivering a high level of member service to internal and external members in alignment with the credit union’s Service Promises.
2. Consistently meets established sales and service Minimum Performance Standards.
3. Possesses adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual product knowledge certification assessment.
4. Performs basic consumer loan functions: interviews member, processes application and supporting documentation, submits to underwriter, communicates approval/denial to member, prepares and completes loan closing and disbursement.
5. Counsels members on improving their credit score and financial well-being if necessary.
6. Evaluates member need for ancillary loan products as cross sells as appropriate.
7. Interviews members and recommends deposit products based on features and benefits.
8. Opens and closes deposit accounts, obtaining appropriate verifications and supporting documentation.
9. Performs basic membership functions: ATM/Debit cards, loan calculations/payment, ownership changes, account reconciliation, etc.)
10. Assist members with questions or issues by providing accurate information, ensuring compliance with credit union policies and legal requirements, researching and providing follow up to resolution.
11. Builds and enhances member relationships, by referring members to business partners (Investments Services, etc.) based on their financial needs.
12. Performs financial transactions in an efficient and accurate manner by providing accurate account information using security procedures and recognizing account flags.
13. Exercises independent judgment and critical thinking to resolve issues, suggest improvements, and embrace new ideas.
14. Other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum of 2 years of experience in banking/financial services or high energy sales environment is required. High School diploma or equivalent is required. Candidate must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
1. Knowledge of sales fundamentals – interview techniques, conveying features and benefits, relationship building, closing.
2. Strong knowledge of credit union products and services, including working knowledge of CDs, IRAs, and loan products.
3. Excellent math skills and accuracy required.
4. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
5. Knowledge of applicable regulations, including BSA and Patriot Act.
6. Must be detail oriented and be able to handle multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
7. Ability to handle confidential information.
8. Ability to work independently as well as with others as part of a team.
9. Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
10. PC proficient, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and the Internet.
Schedule: Position is regularly scheduled up to 40 hours a week, with a flexible schedule at various branch offices based on business needs, including Saturdays.
Quality: Able to meet company requirements and standards. Accuracy is a must.
Attendance: Adheres to company policy.
Performance: Meets pre-established goals and deadlines.
Bondability: Must be able to be bonded, and pass an acceptable background and credit check.
Other: Incumbent must become a member of OPEIU Local 13 (union) upon hire.