This is a temporary, part time position that will require the new hire to be on-site 5 days a week for about 4 hours per day (very flexible schedule).
Join The Quantum Dot Company!
We are the leader in developing the market for Quantum Dots in the TV and display industry. Our technology enables two of the hottest new features in TV today: UltraHD and High Dynamic Range (HDR). We are currently developing the next generation of super high color and ultra-high definition materials that many major TV manufacturers such as Samsung, TCL and HiSense turn to when looking to improve the color output of their latest and greatest TV.
Quantum Dots are one of the first successful commercial applications of real nanotechnology. Each quantum dot is a tiny crystal, just a bit bigger than a water molecule that has a unique superpower- the ability to emit light with incredible brightness, efficiency and pure color. We apply trillions of these tiny crystals to displays in devices from TVs to tablets to make them brighter and more power efficient with accurate, lifelike colors.
This opportunity is for a quality control technician who is responsible for carrying out analytical and quality control measurements on Nanosys Quantum Dot products. This person will work closely with other R&D and quality control personnel. The position is within the Nanosys Quality department.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Perform routine analysis of Nanosys products using optical and thickness measurement systems. Document and report results.
- Ability to work in either a clean room environment or chemical manufacturing facility.
- Support other test functions within the Quality department such as quality control and reliability testing.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Understand and operate sensitive measurement equipment.
- Superb ability for accuracy.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to new and different methods for the operation of software and equipment.
- Must have exceptionally good organizational skills and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to describe precisely what is being done and problems that arise to others.
- Must be proficient in Excel and other basic Microsoft applications.
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and by writing.
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently.
- AS or BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline is desirable.
- Would consider someone who is currently a student in one of the above disciplines.
- Experience working in a chemical or engineering environment would be a plus.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands include: walking, standing, sitting, use of hands or fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, lift up to 40 pounds, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distant vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe and area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). Must be capable of climbing step stool to reach items at heights above 7 feet. Must be able to physically stand for up to one hour. Must be able to safely wear necessary personal protective equipment in designated areas i.e. lab coat, safety glasses. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Work is performed in either a laboratory environment or manufacturing setting. The ambient noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals.