Title: Project Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Supervisor
Responsible for all accounting related functions on multiple projects and compliance with all company policy and procedures
Summary of essential job functions
· Reports directly to Accounting Supervisor
· Responsible for the review, verification and processing of all subcontractor and general condition related payments associated with assigned projects.
· Works with project team to ensure timely and accurate submission of construction billings on multiple projects
· Communicates with project team, vendors, subcontractors and external parties to manage job cost requests/requirements, including waivers of lien, insurance, certified payrolls and any additional contractually required documents necessary to invoice clients or pay vendors.
· Responsible for accounts receivable tracking, management, and reporting for assigned projects.
· Preparation of project cash flow forecasts.
· Interface with project team and senior management on all aspects of project construction accounting.
· 5 years of accounting/cost experience in a construction environment.
· Computer savvy with strong Excel skills.
· Proven experience with AIA construction billing documents, accounts payable applications, funding requests, cash flow analysis and account reconciliation.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting - preferred
· Detail oriented with excellent organization and communication skills.
Strong analytical and accounting skills.Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. Attention to deadline is critical.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Hunter Roberts is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.