Assistant Project Accountant
Reports directly to the Project Accountant, Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager and Financial Manager. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for assisting in providing the Business Unit and projects with quality financial support while adhering to accounting practices and financial systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in setting up and maintaining the project accounting files.
- Assist in maintaining reporting tools such as insurance requirement for subcontractors.
- Assist in Preparing required billing documents.
- Attend pencil meetings as needed.
- Assist in managing project accounts payables and receivables, including communicating with subcontractors and vendors regarding invoices.
- Assist in entering subcontractor contracts and change orders.
- Assist Project Accountant in timely and accurate billing proofs. Assist in reviewing ledgers and assist in adjusting postings through Journal Entries or Accounts Payable.
- Assist in providing documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Establish solid communication with all staff, both project and corporate.
- Assist in reviewing weekly labor timesheets and submit to payroll for processing.
- Any other specific duties as assigned by the Accounting department.
Excellent phone skills, good common sense, good listening skills, works well without supervision, can take direction w/o follow up, excellent communication and good research skills. Excellent data entry using Microsoft Word / Excel/ Outlook/Internet. Ability to do research on problems.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.