HUNTER ROBERTS CONSTRUCTION GROUP
Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Philadelphia Operations
Reports To: Project Executive and/or Principal-in-Charge
Hunter Roberts is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager with Large Project Construction experience to join our Philadelphia business unit. We are considering local applicants only (no relocation benefits offered).
The Senior Project Manager reports to the Project Executive and/or Principal-in-Charge. The Senior Project Manager will lead responsibility and accountability to the firm and to the client for the overall performance and success of the assigned project(s). Key measures of performance are how customer satisfaction, project schedule, project budget, safety, and quality control compare to the plan developed at the outset of the project and as may be outlined in the agreement with the client. Ultimately, the goal of this position is to provide construction services to our Clients that meet or exceed their expectations.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Be fully versed in the requirements of the Owner/HRCG agreement on any assigned project
- Develop and execute a plan by which the requirements of the contract and the goals of the project are met or exceeded and the project earnings are realized or enhanced
- Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest while simultaneously maintaining positive client relationship
- Deliver Work-In-Place and earnings performance in accordance with business unit profit plan
- Define roles, specific responsibilities, and expectations of each member of the project staff in writing (in accordance with the project organization chart). Provide that staff with the resources necessary to meet those expectations. Assure that all of the requirements and goals of the project are supported in the structure of the staff and the specific duties and responsibilities assigned
- Assure the implementation and continuous maintenance of the corporate safety program requirements during the course of the work on a project
- Assure the required risk controls are properly established and continuously maintained
- Represent HRCG in weekly (or as necessary) owner meetings. Assure the proper preparation by the job staff for these meetings
- Promote HRCG to the industry, communities in which we operate, and the public at large. Establish and maintain a community friendly approach to our operations
- Assure WBE/MBE requirements are met on each of the projects
- Establish effective working relationships with the labor organizations involved in a project. Assist the Project Superintendent as necessary with labor issues during the course of work on a project
- Participate in monthly project status review meetings conducted by Operations Manager. Assure preparation of required information and documentation for this meeting
- Assure delivery of complete, accurate monthly status report to client for each project
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc, and their impact on project activities
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills essential (e.g. tact, diplomacy, influence, etc)
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent, plus at least fifteen years’ experience/knowledge in construction management. Thorough understanding of industry practices, processes, standards, etc and their impact on project activities is vital. Prior experience with construction management of Healthcare or Process Piping Facilities is required.
LEED, OSHA 10/30/40, ASHE applicants preferred.
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Hunter Roberts is an Equal Opportunity Employer- M/F/Disabled/Vet.