Marketing and Public Relations Intern (Unpaid)
Part-Time: Approximately 20 hours per week
GRTC Transit System in Richmond, Virginia seeks a current under graduate students interested in Mass Communications and Public Relations Industry to assist in the day-to-day operations of the of the Marketing Department.
WHO MAY APPLY
This position is open to under graduate and graduate students
The work week is Monday through Friday, approximately 20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Essential to Job Functions
- Assist in implementing communications strategies, programs, plans and campaigns for the Pulse.
- Assist with creating Pulse literature and other forms of communication.
- Proofread, edit, and revise communications.
- Assist the Marketing Department with the calendar of projects and events, and follows up with department members assuring adherence to project deadlines.
- Assist with scripts and audio recordings, using audio editing software.
- Assist with graphic creation, design, and layout.
- Assist with scheduling and talent coordination for video/photo shoots.
- Assist Marketing Department with daily operations and projects as needed, including promoting new services, marketing current services, promoting niche marketed services, and all aspects of electronic media for the Pulse.
- Documents daily content and layout management of Pulse web pages.
- Check for daily Pulse media coverage
- Assist with implementing social media strategies for the Pulse.
- Assist with coordinating and organizing Pulse promotional and educational events such as press conferences, interviews, exhibitions, public meetings/appearances, tours and visits.
- Take pictures of the company at Pulse events, conferences, and speaking engagements.
- Other Pulse duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent) and relevant college coursework will suffice.
- Valid driver’s license preferred.
- Prior experience with marketing or project coordination and or administrative experience preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Experience using Expression Engine or similar Content Management System preferred.
- Experience using a digital camera and editing digital photos preferred.
- Experience coordinating talent and volunteers for photos and video shoots preferred.
GRTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer