Assistant Project Manager
Closes: May 22, 2017
GRTC Transit System is currently seeking candidates, 21 years of age and older with a BA in Planning, Architecture, Engineering or a related field and at least 1-3 years of experience in capital project management, for an Assistant Project Manager position.
WHO MAY APPLY
This position is open to all GRTC employees and the general public.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may apply online at www.ridegrtc.com.
The Assistant Project Manager will assist the Construction and Project Manager in various phases of a new facility construction project from conceptual planning, preliminary design, design development, scheduling, procurement and construction oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Project Manager in various phases of new and existing facility construction projects from conceptual planning, preliminary design, design development, scheduling, procurement, and construction oversight.
- Responds to issues as directed by the PM and communicates issues that need to be resolved.
- Work with various internal and external groups to gain project input including the general public.
- Responsible for transit public amenity projects through the project life cycle.
- Provides various support to the PM regarding cost containment, schedule adherence, meeting quality standards.
- Assists the PM in various stages of existing facility improvement projects in support of preventative maintenance activities. Examples of such projects may include monitoring HVAC performance software, field inspection/monitoring of equipment installation, providing technical support to other departments on their space/furniture needs, etc.
- Implements/coordinates/monitors project activities, annual preventative maintenance contracts, and the environmental management system including storm water sampling.
- Responsible for the professional integrity of individual projects and ensures that these projects meet established, schedule, quality and other performance requirements.
- Creates, organizes and maintains files, databases, reports, correspondence and related material.
- Assist the PM in Project Management Planning for facility maintenance and minor capital projects.
- Assists in the development of Request for Proposals, Invitation for Bids, project advertising, and the development and coordination of bid packages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- BA in Planning, Architecture, Engineering or related field preferred or equivalent.
- 1-3 years experience in capital project management including experience in construction management preferred. A combination of education and experience is required.
- Knowledge of architectural and construction principles, methods, techniques and their application to the design and improvement process.
- Must be highly motivated, be able to work independently, solve problems and possess strong written and oral communication skills. Incumbent is expected to demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations and work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Strong abilities and knowledge of project document control processes.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and use good judgment in performing conflicting demands and managing priorities. Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with various contractors, engineers, staff and citizen groups.
- Ability to develop, track and operate within budget.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local procurement and contract administration laws, regulations, and practices.
Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions. Ability to climb stairs at project sites. When visiting sites, incumbent may be exposed to varying environmental conditions; e.g. outdoor weather, dirt, dust, and other construction work hazards. Ability to travel to offsite meetings, company related functions, etc., with short notice. Valid driver’s license required.
GRTC Transit System is an equal opportunity employer.