|Intervention Specialist - HOPE Alameda
|Please fill in the information below and use the navigational buttons to continue.
|Warning: Using your browser's Back and Forward buttons may produce undesirable results.
LINCOLN CHILD CENTER
Lincoln Child Center enables vulnerable and emotionally troubled children and their families to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Bilingual Intervention Specialist
PROGRAM: HOPE Program – Alameda
ACCOUNTABILITY: Program Manager
The Intervention Specialist will implement a high quality, comprehensive and individualized intervention program to assist children with appropriate behavior within their school, their home, and their community. Exercising independent and discretionary decision making, the Intervention Specialist works with individual families on issues relating to the clients’ individualized treatment plans. The Intervention Specialist utilizes community resources and local professionals to develop a strong quality program for each client. Monitors all data to determine effectiveness of program. Completes assigned documentation consistent with program guidelines and Medi-Cal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use clinical insights, educational motivational techniques and commitment to excellence to promote clients’ growth;
- Develop a safe and successful positive behavior plan designed to reduce the number of disruptive behaviors in the classroom and the community;
- Co-facilitate therapeutic groups for clients;
- Provide solution-focused counseling and crisis intervention to clients throughout school day;
- Develop and implement effective behavioral management techniques consistent with goals and treatment plans and Lincoln Child Center philosophy;
- Initiate, plan and implement client outings into the community in order to expose clients to broad range of experiences and promote positive interaction with the community;
- Work under the direction of site clinician and site manager to provide on-going family contact and quality support services linking child and family with well researched, relevant and affordable community resources and services;
- Participate actively in all team meetings, staff meetings, individual and group supervision meetings and school meetings (IEP, SST, SART, etc.) as requested and collaborate proactively with treatment team to deliver quality mental health services to clients and families;
- Develop relationships and ongoing communication with teachers and other staff; provide concrete strategies for positive and feasible individual and class intervention strategies that are in line with client treatment and goals;
- Participate in development and implementation of summer program for clients and in cross-site projects (i.e. holiday gift drive, Thanksgiving dinner, etc.);
- Participate in on-going training on intervention techniques and life-skills curriculum;
- Complete all Medi-Cal documentation in accordance with regulations. Develop and administer outcome measurements to ensure quality of service and implementation of individualized treatment plans; and
- Maintain all appropriate records including incident reports, and behavioral tracking forms and other documents consistent with goals and objectives.
- Attend required meetings as assigned;
- Follow agency policies and procedures;
- Participate in Lincoln Child Center in-service training programs;
- Understand and follow all Lincoln Child Center safety policies, procedures and rules. Perform all job duties safely. Attend all required safety training sessions. Identify and immediately report all workplace hazards, safety rule violations, near misses, and work-related injuries; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Intervention Specialist II: BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university; preferably with a major in a behavioral science subject (child development, psychology, counseling and guidance, early childhood education, human services, nursing, social science, social welfare, social work, sociology). One (1) year of mental health experience with experience in a recognized childcare facility with SED children preferred;
- Intervention Specialist III: BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university with a major in a behavioral science and four (4) years of mental health experience;
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to and competence in dealing with cultural and socioeconomic diversity of client population;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must possess bilingual proficiency in Spanish; ideal candidate will have minimum 1 – 3 years of bilingual clinical work experience
- The ability to relate effectively and professionally with children, supervisor, co-workers and staff;
- Valid California driver’s license, a clear driving record and personal vehicle insurance coverage; and
- Availability of a personal vehicle in good working condition to be used on Lincoln Child Center business.
- Must meet eligibility requirements to bill for Medi-Cal services
- The willingness and the ability to be first aid and CPR trained;
- The willingness and the ability to be trained, using our therapeutic and relationship-building philosophy that includes Collaborative Problem-Solving, Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI), and SAFE Environments training programs; and
- A high degree of physical fitness with the ability to run, jump, bend, stoop, kneel, drop to one knee and get back up.
CLASSIFICATION: Regular, full-time, non-exempt, benefited position.
- A commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems;
- Valuing a nurturing family as the ideal environment for a person;
- A conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change;
- The ability to establish a respectful relationship with persons served to help them gain skills and confidence;
- The ability to work collaboratively with other personnel and/or service providers or professionals;
- The capacity to maintain a helping role and to intervene appropriately to meet service goals; and
- The ability to set appropriate limits.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5 pm.
COMPENSATION: Union Salary Scale.
BENEFITS: Competitive benefits package available.