Job Opening: Packager
Shift: Day– Monday thru Friday 7am – 3:30pm (occasional additional day(s) and overtime expected to support business needs)
The successful candidate for our Packager will perform basic packaging and machine operation functions according to work orders and customer requirements.
· Manually assemble various packaging components and place them in fixtures or a tray/box/tin. Inspect for visual defects, including cleanliness of tools, and making necessary corrections.
· Place tools and packaging materials in fixture or position for process or operation to be completed.
· Simple set-up of machine such as changing dies in peg machines.
· Move and/or stack totes of tools to work centers or roller racks as applicable.
· Visually and manually inspect parts to inspection guidelines to ensure parts meet quality standards and match work orders.
· Create labels for packaging and master cartons per work order or customer requirements.
· Verify work orders at the start of each job.
· Audit finished work orders for correct labeling, tool and components.
· Complete documentation on hourly count boards and work orders.
· Pull materials (tools, sheaths, packaging, user guides) from packaging shelves per work order specifications.
· Load laser program, load tools into fixtures and operate laser engraving machine.
· Pick finished goods from shipping racks to sales order using RF Gun.
· Operate WAVE picker machine to reach components.
· Perform Inventory Cycle Counts.
· Check and correct any conditions which are not conducive to a safe, clean work place. Report any safety problems immediately.
· Maintain clean and orderly work area including cleaning machines, tools and area around work station using 5S principles.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
· Some experience in manufacturing environment or completion of a manufacturing foundations class required.
· Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
· Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s and work instructions.
· Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and production systems preferred.
· Ability to work in a team setting and maintain positive interpersonal communications with team members.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, Bonus Plan, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential