Job Opening: Warranty Repair
Shift: Day, Monday thru Friday 6:30am – 3pm (occasional additional day(s), flex in shift and overtime expected to support business needs)
Applications Accepted: Until Filled
The successful candidate for our Warranty Repair position will perform repairs on tools and lights returned for warranty purposes.
· Receive tool or lights from warranty clerk with documentation received from consumer.
· Read and comprehend contents of documentation received with the tool/light.
· Read assembly prints to understand tool components/assembly instructions.
· Determine appropriate action based on documentation on repairs.
· If repairs cannot be performed, coordinate with customer service on what direction consumer wants us to take.
· Perform repairs lights and tools, including sharpening blades.
· Troubleshoot issues with lights. Stay current on new models and changes to older models.
· Coordinate with engineering for prints and fixtures to perform repairs on new tools.
· Visually and manually inspect parts to inspection guidelines to ensure parts meet quality standards.
· Order necessary parts from manufacturing and/or logistics using ITR (Inventory Transfer Request) process.
· Maintain clean and orderly work area around work station using 5S principles.
· Performs wheel changes on pedestal polisher and wire and fiber wheels. Performs preventive maintenance such as cleaning, lubricating, safety checks, etc.
· Enter Facilities or Maintenance requests when needed.
· Back up returns clerk on processing credits.
· Back up warranty material handler duties.
Experience and Education Requirements:
· High School diploma or GED required.
· National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is preferred.
· Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing assembly environment required.
· Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
· Ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret MSDS’s, work instructions, and consumer letters.
· Basic inspection and measuring skills preferred.
· Ability to apply problem sensitivity and decision making skills.
· Strong skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
· Work independently and possess self-motivation and initiative.
Please watch your email for upcoming communication(s) and information.
Excellent Benefit Package: Competitive Compensation, 401k Employer Match up to 5%, Bonus Plan, Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Award Winning Wellness Program, PTO and 10 Paid Holidays, Job Shadow Program, Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth with Educational Reimbursement Program, Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discount on Products. Come be part of the Leatherman Team. Leave nothing undone . . . . including your career!
Core Values: We thrill our consumers with quality, products and service; We care about each other’s well-being; We share ideas, challenge each other and do the right thing; We respect each other, show humility and grow from our failures; We foster the development of individuals to reach their greatest potential