The incumbent in this position is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities in support of credit union commercial loans. Work involves routine difficulty in working with FICS Commercial Servicer, coordinating quotes, supporting due diligence requirements to ensure the timely and accurate processing of commercial loans. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of credit union policy and commercial loan procedures as well as strong organizational skills. Direct supervision is received from the VP of Commercial Lending.
Essential duties to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
Loan Processing (70% of time):
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of commercial loan applications:
- Ensure commercial loan packages are processed and completed according to established policies and procedures. Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness and follows up as required.
- Set up commercial loan files to include all pertinent documents; coordinate quotes and order and review credit report; review and investigate red flags and fraud alerts on credit reports.
- Review origination package for completeness and accuracy of information; interact with internal/external partners to gather required reports and data.
- Utilize processing reports to manage their pipeline, track the timely return of all required documentation and processes; i.e. appraisals, legal requirements, environmental verifications, collateral issues, etc.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal/external partners and clients by providing quality service.
- Serve as primary contact for new and existing clients.
Loan Servicing (20% of time):
Responsible for the timely and accurate servicing of commercial loan applications and established loans:
- Ensure commercial loan application is entered into the FICS Commercial Servicer and maintain the integrity of the loan data in the system
- Process loan payments on a daily basis
- Coordinate real estate tax payments through appropriate third-party vendor
- Create and maintain collateral exception and insurance ticklers
Administrative Support (10% of time):
- Order necessary commercial loan supplies as needed.
- Verify and process vendor invoices for payment.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation and scanning of documents for OnBase imaging system.
Operates a variety of office equipment such as fax, copier and personal computer.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
Skills and Requirements:
- High school graduate (college preferred) and minimum three to five years experience in commercial loan servicing, processing and customer service; or an equivalent combination training and experience.
- Excellent relationship management and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and high level of attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment which is deadline driven.
- Ability to utilize various types of office equipment, including computer terminal.
- Working knowledge of the computer and the internet; Microsoft Suite of experience required.