The Customer Relationship Management (CRM) / Hospitality Relationship Management (HRM) Consultant’s primary focus is enabling Newmarket International’s hospitality customers with solutions which help provide exception service, streamline business processes, and drive sales. Core to this is implementing enterprise solutions leveraging industry-leading products such as Salesforce.com and Newmarket International MeetingBroker, Delphi, and other products. A successful candidate will bring a strong blend of skills and experience in business analysis, hospitality, and CRM/SFA. This role will involve proactive identification of requirements and configuration of Salesforce.com as well as Newmarket solutions to drive customer success and optimize the solution. The ability to engage at senior / executive levels in providing recommendations and proactive best practice advice through all phases of the implementation lifecycle is also critical to this role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Support the sales organization in finding new business, presenting our services and solutions, and closing on opportunities
· Work with prospects to evaluate business objectives for sales solutions guiding our customers on sales technology best-practices and strategy
· Elicit, document, and analyze functional and non-functional sales requirements
· Implement sales technology solutions, including the configuration and promotion, analysis, and implementation of third-party solutions (such as AppExchange components) and coordination of third party development
· Configure and extend Salesforce.com with Customer Business Objects/ Entities, Custom Fields, Forms, Views, and Reports
· Design, configure, develop, and test custom advanced workflows including workflows across multiple technologies
· Plan and implement user adoption of the sales solution – including training, demonstrations, and adoption monitoring (both onsite and remote)
Education and/or Experience
· BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline
· Two-years related Information Technology or related experience and/or training or an equivalent combination of education and experience desired.
· Hospitality Sales or Sales Support experience desired
· Experience with Salesforce.com (substantial experience with other CRM / SFA solution such as Microsoft Dynamics or Oracle will also be positive) desired
· Preference will be given to candidates with current certifications for Salesforce.com
· Client-focused attitude as a customer advocate.
· Willingness to travel up to 25-30%.
Competencies needed to perform the job successfully include:
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
· Written Communication – Strong written communication skills; writes clearly and concisely with the ability to convey complex concepts in written media.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.