Produce Buyer - Charlie's Corporate Office - Seattle
Shift: Monday - Friday (rotating Saturdays)
· Responsible for produce quality in the purchase.
· Participate in development and execution strategies to increase customer loyalty.
· Analyze daily inventory reports to monitor/maintain appropriate turn ratios, outages, set order quantities, etc. Work w/Sales management on slow-moving items.
· Negotiate damage/defective claims.
· Work with sales teams on all aspects of purchasing i.e. price, delivery (special or drop orders); administrative tasks i.e. description updates, weights, cube/packaging, pick/up address/phone, etc.
· Must achieve acceptable level of shrink as a percent to sales.
· At least 2 years of produce experience, organic produce purchasing a plus
We offer an expansive benefits package which includes Medical/Dental/Vision/401(k)/ESOP and more………..
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By electronically submitting this employment application, I have not misrepresented any information regarding my education, past employment, or other personal history. I have provided, to the best of my knowledge and ability, accurate and correct information. I give the Company permission to contact schools, previous employers (unless otherwise indicated), references, and others. I release the Company from any liability as a result of such contacts. I understand that the misrpresentation or omission of facts called for is cause for dismissal at any time without any previous notice.