Associate Features Editor
TechTarget's Data Center and Virtualization media group seeks an associate features editor. The associate features editor is responsible for editing and managing the production of special media projects including e-publications and large-scale online packages. The associate features editor will work closely with freelance writers and in-house production teams to create engaging, technology-focused content from the story-development phase through to production and final proofing stages.
Candidates must possess strong content editing and project management skills as well as an eye for detail andskill in rewriting a tangled sentence without altering its intended meaning..
Essential Job Functions:
- Content editing long-format technical material such as e-zines and e-book chapter;
- Coordinating, planning and assigning articles for a range of editorial products;
- Managing multiple e-publications and online projects from concept through completion;
- Budgeting and calendaring; and,
- Working closely with freelance writers to produce detailed technical content.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- A minimum of three years of editing experience, preferably in high-tech publishing;
- Strong content editing expertise and copy-editing skills
- Proven project management skills;
- Ability to work independently and on tight deadlines;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- An eye for editorial layout and design;
- Ability to manage freelancer budgets;
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and content management systems,
- An understanding of search engine optimization; and
- A bachelor's degree; preferably in English or journalism