TechTarget is seeking an International Accounting Manager to join the finance team. The International Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing the accounting and compliance functions of the Company’s subsidiaries around the world. The position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Job Functions:
• Ensure all intercompany agreements are in place to support intercompany charges
• Establish and implement a process to monitor global compliance with corporate accounting policies
• Direct the development and preparation of financial reporting packages and analysis that support internal and external reporting requirements
• Manage the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, reserves, intercompany transactions and eliminations and maintenance of Company chart of accounts
• Establish, implement, and administer internal control policies, procedures and protocol for International operations and manage and document controls and procedures to ensure effectiveness and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and Company specific procedures
• Ensure timely and accurate country specific filings
• Implement appropriate US GAAP and IFRS or other relevant International accounting standards and understand accounting differences between US GAAP and International standards;
• Drive process and reporting improvements and standardization efforts
• Implement and enhance transactional and financial systems
• Interact well with International location-specific management
• Oversee the International external audit process
• Work closely with internal and external tax specialists in the development of appropriate tax strategies and preparation of relevant tax return filings
• Provide timely budget to actual reports with variance explanations and collaborate with Finance team to provide reports and analysis
• Work on ad-hoc projects
• Oversee process and recording of contracts with International Partners
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance
• 5-8 years of experience (preferably a combination of Big 4 and with a publicly traded organization); at least 2 years of relevant International experience
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) strongly preferred
• Experience implementing new systems, policies, procedures and controls, preferably in an International setting
• Multi-currency accounting experience
• Thorough understanding of US GAAP and International accounting standards.
• Self starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Strong computer and Excel skills are required
• Excellent organizational skills
• The ability to multi-task in a fast paced accounting environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Get On Board!
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by the Boston Business Journal five times and recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places to Work in Massachusetts three times, TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is the online intersection of serious technology buyers, targeted technical content and technology providers worldwide. Our media, powered by TechTarget’s proprietary Activity Intelligence™ platform, redefines how technology professionals are viewed and influenced by marketers according to the buyer’s active projects, specific technical priorities and business needs. With more than 100 technology specific websites, we deliver technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media. TechTarget has offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Boston, London, San Francisco and Sydney.
TechTarget offers competitive salaries, benefits and stock options in a fun and energized work environment. Our autonomous culture rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on. Apply here: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=1310561