Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
Position: AM Pool Server - Part Time
Location: Catalina, AZ
The responsibility of the Pool Server is to make a grand first impression upon arrival and solidify a memorable Pool experience upon departure by courteously greeting guests with a smile and enthusiasm. Volunteering assistance and information whenever necessary. To provide etiquette and professional service of foods, beverages and supplies for all internal and external guests, giving constant pampered service, catering to all requests in an expedient, professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Arrive to work on time, dressed in full uniform and wearing name tag.
• Set up bar for afternoon service. This would include flavored water.
• Set up Pool chairs, tables, and umbrellas according to the diagram. Remove all wet/dirty pool towels from all pool decks.
• Provide for guests a comfortable, elegant atmosphere by consistently delivering the highest quality products and services through thorough product knowledge by friendly, smiling and caring employees.
• Clean pool deck, chairs, and tables. All stains MUST be removed ASAP. All debris & bird dropping need to be cleaned. Report any damaged furniture to manager.
• Maintains supplies necessary for the team to provide the best service possible. This includes towels to start the day. Depending on occupancy.
• Maintains a neat and organized work area. You would need to walk around and pick up towels, debris, and straighten tables and chairs on all levels of the pool
• Communicate between manager & kitchen to provide smooth, well-coordinated service.
• Completes the opening and closing side work as assigned.
• Advise manager of any complaints so they can be rectified immediately.
• Serve as a Public Relations Representative to our guests being able to answer their questions regarding the various locations (rooms) within Miraval. In addition, must have knowledge of the activities that we offer and our hours of operation.
demonstrate adequate organizational skills having the ability to handle several tasks at once.
• Work as a part of a multi-unit team displayed through your cooperation, flexibility and attitude.
• Understand the telephone system, answer calls in a pleasant manner, responding to requests and transferring calls to the appropriate extension. Take reservations and answer any questions on information made available to you. Refer to the "Reservation Procedure Document" and the "Telephone Techniques Document."
give guests constant pampered service and acts as Host/Hostess. This would include walking around pool and offering water to guests.
• Solicit feedback from guests regarding pool service and food.
• Observe all areas and department which have a direct effect on each guest's experience
• Have efficient work practices that reduce waste and control costs, allowing Miraval to meet its financial responsibilities.
Education and Experience desired:
• 2-3 years as a server in a resort pool environment
• 2-3 years as a Pool Attendant in a resort pool environment
• 1+ years as a bartender in a resort pool environment
• Ability to read English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds by yourself
• Able to work on you feet for long periods of time (5-7 hours) at a time at a fast pace without any breaks
• Able to work outside for long periods (5-7 hours) at a time. Tucson weather can exceed 90+ degrees during the year.
I understand that if I am employed, any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered. I give the employer the right to contact and obtain information from all references, employers, and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of the information contained in this application. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering and using such information and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information. The employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This application is current for 6 months. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application. I hereby understand and acknowledge that unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an at will nature which means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge employee at any time for any reason. It is further understood that this at will employment relationship may not be changed by any oral statement or written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive officer of this organization. The employment confers no contractual employment or any guarantee of continued employment.
I understand it is the company’s policy not to refuse to hire a qualified individual with a disability because of that person’s need for a reasonable accommodation as required by the ADA.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal work authorization. I acknowledge that the company may request prior to employment that I undergo a medical exam or drug testing, and I consent and agree to any such exam, if required, now or in the future. I understand that when pre-employment drug testing is required, a satisfactory result is a condition of employment. The company also requires post-accident drug/alcohol testing.