Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval's recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
Position: Food & Beverage Manager - Full Time Salary - AM Shift
Location: Catalina, Arizona
The seasoned Food & Beverage Manager will plan, organize, direct and coordinate the activities of the staff and will be responsible for allocating the resources of the Food & Beverage division to ensure a quality and memorable experience for guests who patronize our signature dining room, as well as room service, coffee bar, lounges and café.
Key areas of responsibility include team performance, increased sales and profitability, effective cost controls and training and retention of key associates.
Qualified candidates MUST possess the following in order to be considered:
- Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years prior fine dining management experience in a hotel or resort.
- Extensive wine knowledge and programs to increase revenue.
- Must be able to blend technical experience with relationship building.
- Works well with and through others. Have an intuitive understanding of team cohesion, dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
- Exceptional people skills and ability to connect with diverse groups and individuals.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with a passion for teaching others.
- Up-to-date certifications for responsible alcohol service, safe food handling and sanitation.
- Strong knowledge of local labor laws and health codes.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of POS systems.
- Highly organized with ability to successfully manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, weekends and holidays.
I understand that if I am employed, any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered. I give the employer the right to contact and obtain information from all references, employers, and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of the information contained in this application. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering and using such information and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information. The employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This application is current for 6 months. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application. I hereby understand and acknowledge that unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an at will nature which means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge employee at any time for any reason. It is further understood that this at will employment relationship may not be changed by any oral statement or written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive officer of this organization. The employment confers no contractual employment or any guarantee of continued employment.
I understand it is the company’s policy not to refuse to hire a qualified individual with a disability because of that person’s need for a reasonable accommodation as required by the ADA.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal work authorization. I acknowledge that the company may request prior to employment that I undergo a medical exam or drug testing, and I consent and agree to any such exam, if required, now or in the future. I understand that when pre-employment drug testing is required, a satisfactory result is a condition of employment. The company also requires post-accident drug/alcohol testing.