Assistant Site Editor
Security Media Group
About TechTarget: TechTarget (NASDAQ: TTGT) is a global online media company headquartered in Boston with offices in Atlanta, Beijing, Cincinnati, London, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney. With more than 100 technology specific websites, TechTarget provides highly relevant content to technology professionals and delivers technology marketers unmatched reach via custom advertising, branding and lead generation solutions all built on our extensive network of online and social media.
Recognized as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” in Massachusetts by Boston Business Journal 5 times and named one of The Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work in Massachusetts 3 times, TechTarget provides an autonomous culture that rewards goal-oriented professionals who enjoy meeting challenges head-on.
If you’re a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, TechTarget.com has openings for challenging and growth-oriented positions:
Assistant Site Editor
TechTarget is seeking an Assistant Site Editor for its Security Media Group. This fast-paced, entry-level editorial position is for someone with a natural interest in enterprise technology. The role focuses on editing and publishing news, features and technical content for SearchSecurity.com, the industry's leading Web site devoted to providing news, learning materials and expert advice to information security professionals, as well as its sister websites. Specific tasks for which the Assistant Site Editor is responsible include developing freelance assignments for technical advice-oriented articles, updating the day-to-day homepage and content features of the websites, managing relationships with a stable of contributing industry experts, writing occasional news/feature articles, producing email newsletters and other related tasks as needed. Candidates will be required to develop in-depth knowledge of the enterprise information security market by continually interacting with the readership, speaking with experts in the field, reading information technology publications and attending conferences and vendor meetings. The Assistant Site Editor will also work closely with other Security Media Group editors to devise and launch new website features based on evolving reader interest and needs.
Essential job functions:
· Assigning, editing and publishing of technical content on a daily basis;
· Using the Web to find and present compelling information to a technically oriented audience;
· Creating, editing and distributing Web-based multimedia, including webcasts, podcasts and online video;
· Optimizing content using search engine optimization (SEO) best practices;
· Managing numerous daily editorial tasks and weekly/monthly editorial projects;
· Interacting with technology industry experts and website users; and
· Updating and managing a professional social media presence, particularly via Twitter and Google+.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· 0-3 years' experience writing and/or editing for the Web;
· Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, communications, English or related field;
· Excellent Internet and computer skills;
· Strong organizational skills;
· Ability to quickly learn complex business technology and information security concepts;
· Experience with online production systems;
· Knowledge of and ideally experience applying SEO to editorial content;
· Capable, strategic and tactical thinker; and
· A self-starter able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven publishing environment.