Miraval Arizona (www.miravalresorts.com) is a premier resort and destination spa which provides the space - physically and spiritually - to reconnect with oneself on the path to a life in balance. Nestled at the base of the stunning Catalina Mountains, Miraval Arizona's 118 rooms and 16 residential villas, situated on 400 acres of lush Sonoran Desert, create an inspiring backdrop that is warm and welcoming any time of the year. Our luxurious accommodations, world renowned spa services, award winning cuisine, and cutting edge programs and activities have led to Miraval’s recognition as the #1 spa in the world, year after year.
Position: Pool Maintenance Technician - Full Time
Location: Catalina, AZ
The Pool Technician will report directly to the Director of Engineering. The primary role for this position is to ensure the efficient and effective maintenance of all pools, hot tubs, water fountains adn water features on the Miraval Resort property as directed by the Director of Engineering. In addition, the position will be assigned various maintenance responsibilities associated with the upkeep of the Miraval Resort facility, buildings adn rooms.
- Daily maintenance and upkeep of the 4 pools, 6 hot tubs, 6 water fountains and 3 water features on the property grounds. Tasks include but are not limited to; cleaning, adding and balancing chemicals, checking and cleaning filters, cleaning pump strainers, cleaning skimmer baskets, checking mechanical equipment, completing mechanical repairs, securing pool/hot tub covers and draining/refilling units.
- Adjusts water chemical balance as needed by adding chemicals to water, after calculating the proper amounts to be added to the water for proper balancing.
- Brushes pool walls and floors with pool brush (when water is in the pool)
- Repairs pool intake and drain valves (when water is in the pool)
- Cleans pool water filters as needed
- Maintains pool and spa facilities including pumps, filters, and mechanical, constructions and electrical maintenance
- Performs clean-up duties for pools and spas including vacuuming pools and facilities and chemical treatments
- Completes daily chemical usage reports and water quality and maintains reports on repairs and supplies.
- Able to monitor and program pool & spa timers and equipment
- Able to work a flexible schedule and respond to emergencies as needed
- Able to work with guests in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Able to prioritize work as needed
- Performs any assigned maintenance tasks associated with the upkeep of the Miraval resort buildings and rooms.
- Provides outstanding guest service to both internal and external guests
- At least 2 years of current hands-on experience with pool and spa maintenance to include plumbing, electrical, and painting as a Pool Technician.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid AZ Driver License
- Pool Certified - Certified Pool Operator License is required
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- General knowledge of maintenance skills such as carpentry, HVAC, electrical, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to read English to interpret, understand and apply directions, blueprints, safety material etc.
- Basic mathamatical skills required such as addition, subtraction, estimating, percentages, and fractions.
- Use judgment effectively to ensure that jobs are completed in the most cost-efficient way.
- Able to meet deadlines as scheduled
- Read and understand blueprints, mechanical and repair manuals
- Organizes self and works well independently
- Knows mechanical, electrical, and construction repair techniques
- Is aware of safety hazards and applicable safety precautions required in the use of assigned tools
- Majority of the time work will be performed outside in ever changing elements such as heat, rain, cold, wind etc.
- Noise level of mechanical equipment can be high
- Operating in a potentially wet environment
- Able to lift 80 lbs. without assistance
- Required to walk and stand 95% of the time
- Will require bending, stooping, kneeling, stretching, pushing, pulling, lifting and twisting
- Requires manual dexterity regularly working using hands, wrists and arms
- Must be able to read, write, speak, communicate and understand English
I understand that if I am employed, any misrepresentation or material omission made by me on this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this application or immediate discharge from the employer’s service, whenever it is discovered. I give the employer the right to contact and obtain information from all references, employers, and educational institutions and to otherwise verify the accuracy of the information contained in this application. I hereby release from liability the employer and its representatives for seeking, gathering and using such information and all other persons, corporations or organizations for furnishing such information. The employer does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant from consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. This application is current for 6 months. At the conclusion of this time, if I have not heard from the employer and still wish to be considered for employment, it will be necessary to fill out a new application. I hereby understand and acknowledge that unless otherwise defined by applicable law, any employment relationship with this organization is of an at will nature which means that the employee may resign at any time and the employer may discharge employee at any time for any reason. It is further understood that this at will employment relationship may not be changed by any oral statement or written document or by conduct unless such change is specifically acknowledged in writing by an authorized executive officer of this organization. The employment confers no contractual employment or any guarantee of continued employment.
I understand it is the company’s policy not to refuse to hire a qualified individual with a disability because of that person’s need for a reasonable accommodation as required by the ADA.
I also understand that if I am hired, I will be required to provide proof of identity and legal work authorization. I acknowledge that the company may request prior to employment that I undergo a medical exam or drug testing, and I consent and agree to any such exam, if required, now or in the future. I understand that when pre-employment drug testing is required, a satisfactory result is a condition of employment. The company also requires post-accident drug/alcohol testing.