Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE: BDN) is one of the largest, publicly traded, full-service, integrated real estate companies in the nation. Organized as a real estate investment trust (REIT), Brandywine owns, leases and manages an urban, town center and suburban office portfolio. Our mission is to design, create and maintain exceptional working environments for our clients, tenants, and employees that reflect our high standards and uncompromising commitment to excellence. Our employees are our greatest asset, as it is their commitment to exceptionalism that is the key to our success.
Brandywine Realty Trust, a premier commercial Class A full service real estate company with operations nationwide, has an immediate opening for a Director of Leasing based in our Metro DC regional office located in McLean, VA.
- Show and lease available space to prospective tenants, renegotiate leases for existing tenants, and produce/distribute required paperwork and reporting documents
- Interview prospective tenants and records information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
- Retain existing tenants by keeping aware of lease expirations, lease options and changing needs of tenant.
- Conduct marketing of existing space, buildings or land by cold calling and networking with brokers, other industry representatives and targeted companies not already located in a Brandywine property.
- Conduct lease negotiation for prospective tenants (or renegotiation for existing tenants) by showing space, preparing floor plans, preparing deal sheets and gathering and analyzing financial data.
- Inspect vacant space periodically to assure presentability and arranges for maintenance or capital improvements, if necessary.
- Track local marketing statistics including competitive properties and compile and maintain listings of available space.
- Assist in the development of standard marketing pieces for assigned properties.
- Identify candidates and perform required research for the Value Acceleration Program.
- Perform special projects as needed and directed by regional and/or corporate supervisory personnel.
- Continue to foster working relationships with tenants after the initial move in.
- Foster working relationship with the brokerage, business, governmental and industry communities.
- Coordinate preparation of lease documentation with internal and/or external attorneys for new, renewing or lease modifications.
- Ensure compliance with company's required lease administration including preparation of final deal sheet, lease abstract, tenant financial review and press release.
- Preparation of leasing report cards as required.
- Coordinate with property management and construction personnel to ensure tenants construction is completed as required.
- Ensure team commitment to Brandywine mission.
- Minimum of 7 years experience leasing and/or marketing office or industrial properties
- Good writing and communication skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Ability to act as a mentor to regional Leasing Associates
- Team player
- Ability to interact with real estate brokers, prospective tenants and existing tenants
- Ability to understand and interpret lease agreements
- Ability to read and understand tenant space plans and construction documents
- Ability to understand and calculate financial aspects of lease transactions including amortization
- Real estate salesperson license and/or broker license in the state in which he/she is working
Brandywine Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEOE). Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to maintaining a safe, healthful and efficient environment that enhances the welfare of our employees. Use of illegal drugs and/or any substances that impair or are likely to impair an employee's ability to perform his or her job is strictly prohibited. If offered the position, we conduct full criminal and credit background checks prior to the start of employment.