Brandywine Realty Trust (NYSE: BDN) is one of the largest, publicly traded, full-service, integrated real estate companies in the nation. Organized as a real estate investment trust (REIT), Brandywine owns, leases and manages an urban, town center and suburban office portfolio. Our mission is to design, create and maintain exceptional working environments for our clients, tenants, and employees that reflect our high standards and uncompromising commitment to excellence. Our employees are our greatest asset, as it is their commitment to exceptionalism that is the key to our success.
Brandywine Realty Trust, a premier commercial Class A full service real estate company with operations nationwide, has an immediate opening for a full-time Facilities Assistant based in Washington, DC. The purpose of this position is to provide assistance to Facility Management team in completion of multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a large office building in Washington, DC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
· Back-up coverage of Facilities HelpDesk - Create and assign work order requests to Engineering, Cleaners, Office Movers, Office Installers, Plant Technician, Exterminator and other scheduled vendors.
· Oversees and/or coordinates maintenance/repair work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping, and janitorial work.
· Responds to client inquires and complaints. Ensures timely and quality service delivery to clients. Follows up with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Performs facilities inspections and create follow up on corrective work orders as necessary.
· May coordinate and manage move, add and change activities.
· Create and install signage as required to keep current with moves and office reconfigurations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Excellent customer, computer, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task and effectively organize responsibilities to achieve property goals and objectives.
· Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
· Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
· Requires ability to perform light maintenance work.
· Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations.
· Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
· Requires basic analytical skills.
· Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system.
· Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Associates Degree or minimum 2 years work experience in facilities management or property management.
Brandywine Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to maintaining a safe, healthful and efficient environment that enhances the welfare of our employees. Use of illegal drugs and/or any substances that impair or are likely to impair an employee's ability to perform his or her job is strictly prohibited. If offered the position, we conduct full criminal and credit background checks prior to the start of employment.