Position is located in Lake Mary, FL.
This position is responsible for the effective management of all aspects of network infrastructures and design through direct interface with assigned staff and vendors. The Senior Network Administrator works with users, staff and vendors to identify and implement networking solutions that support the credit union’s technology plan objectives. Functions include designing, creating specifications, installing and supporting networking hardware, software, peripherals, telecommunication links and telephony technology; providing organizational project management support, and participating as a key member of the disaster/recovery task force.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support and deployment of the LAN, WAN, VoIP and Wireless Infrastructure. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting in design, creating specifications, installation, configuration and maintenance of routers, switches, VoIP Gateways, Wireless AP and other infrastructure hardware across the VPN Network.
· This position will also require creating and maintaining project plans and documentation relating to our corporate LAN/WAN infrastructure. May manage project teams relative to network design and deployment. Provides second and third tier/high level network support for CFE helpdesk.
· Consults with CFE users, including senior and executive management, to determine/create appropriate user specifications in designing network topologies. Ensures that finished IT solutions meet or exceed the user’s expectations within the guidelines of CFE IT strategies, goals and objectives.
· Manages the daily operation and integration of all aspects of the credit union’s network and Telecommunication equipment (LAN’s and WAN’s) to ensure timely support services and minimum downtime.
· Develops and maintains all the standards and procedures related to the network design and provide published documentation manuals to help administrators and users effectively use the network systems.
· Develops reporting processes and reports that track and monitor performance and makes appropriate adjustments for improvement as might be necessary from time to time.
· Conducts daily monitoring and maintenance activities in accordance with prescribe protocols to ensure the most effective utilization and performance of the systems.
· Remains abreast of computer technology and trends and informs supervisor of potential improvements in the system that might enhance the credit union's ability to deliver products and services to members.
· Serves as point of contact to less experienced IT/Network Support staff.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Two year degree in IT or related field (four year degree preferred), or equivalent from technical school; plus at least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Understanding of various desktop OS's including Windows 7. Experience with Windows Network Operating Systems preferred. Ability to multi-task and be capable of working within a team environment and interfacing with other groups to accomplish network integration. Must be familiar with IP address allocation and utilizing IP Variable Length Subnet Masking (VLSM). Strong knowledge of TCP/IP.
CFE Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.