The mission of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. is to foster and maintain an organization dedicated to the making of music consonant with the highest aspirations of the musical art, creating performances and providing educational and training programs at the highest level of excellence. Through six different components— the Boston Symphony, the Boston Pops, Tanglewood, the Tanglewood Music Center, the Tanglewood Festival Chorus and Symphony Hall—the organization brings music into the lives of millions of people every year.
Each semester, the BSO’s Corporate Partnerships department selects one intern to help support the day-to-day activities of a four-person team. On average, interns are in the office between ten to fifteen hours per week. This is an opportunity to make connections at the BSO, learn about corporate fundraising and marketing, and experience the work environment of a world-class, thriving arts institution.
Corporate Partnerships Intern Responsibilities include:
· Organize promotional collateral for annual sponsorship recaps
· Update and organize departmental archives including program books, brochures, and advertising materials
· Participate in preparation of major corporate sponsor-related and business partner-related events, including possible day-of preparation and assistance
· Organize and execute mass-mailing projects
· Assist with donor benefit fulfillment as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Must receive college credit for internship participation
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong communication skills
· Excellent organization skills